Art & Music: Independent Projects (Spring 2024)

I like the game concept and I love how you designed the background. There were no technical issues when I played but I thought it would've been better if the rocks were smaller and the spaceship moved slower.

I love the idea of using a projector and changing images as your final project. I think the music is a bit lagging behind the visuals on my side, this might be a me problem. Everything else is looking great!

My final project is refining my game!

How to play:

• Press the green flag to start the program

• Take time to read the instruction page

• When you are ready to play, press the enter bar

• The game will begin and the music will start playing

• the purpose of the game is to try and listen to as much of the song as you can before your time runs out

• you must collect enough stars to do this

• the clouds run at different speeds, sizes, and at random positions

• the stars travel at random speeds between 1-5 (faster than the clouds)

• once you get to the game over screen, press enter to play again, or the green flag if you want to read the instructions again

https://snap.berkeley.edu/snap/snap.html#present:Username=evc2bds&ProjectName=Pacman%20-%20Eloise%20Final

For my final project, I edited the pac-man script by changing the maze for pac-man. I changed the grid from 9x9 to an 18x13 grid. I entered the different locations of the walls into a reporter block and created a custom code block to record the grid locations. I then created a block to get the positions for the food and the positions that the ghost and pac-man can move through. I also created a shortcut from the left side of the screen to the right side of the screen.

I also tried to get pac-man to move using a microcontroller instead of using the arrow keys. I faced some challenges getting the microcontroller to stay connected to the game while it was playing. Ultimately I was not able to get the microcontroller working because it was not able to update its state while the pac-man game was playing. However, I was still able to learn a lot about how the microcontroller works while I was playing around with and testing it within the game.

So it looks like if you take too long to read the instructions (15 seconds) the game starts with a game over screen. Seems unintentional. One way I'd suggest to fix this would be to constantly reset the timer until the game begins