Adding the same value to a list multiple times?

The problem:
I'm working on a game that takes the points earned while playing and puts them into a high-score list, but when adding the value to the list, it adds it three times.
Another thing that I should add for clarification is that I want the scores to stay in the list, without having to stop and restart the program entirely.

Stuff that didn't work:
I tried adding the values to a secondary list, then adding only the first value of that secondary list back in, but then the same value is added two times.
When I cleared the list before adding the points to it, it did work/only add one value, but I cannot keep the values of previous playthroughs.

I suspect that the value is being added before I want it to, but there is no indication of where that could be in my code.

Code?

@v1999: You may want to create a link to your code, as follows:

• Use the "Save as" option for saving your project from within the Snap! editor;
  • Select "Share" in the menu popping up;
  • Copy the URL of your project from within the Snap! editor;
  • Paste the URL into a reply within this Forum topic, or even as an edit of your original post.

Once you will have done this, Forum users can take a peek, and contribute (usually helpful) suggestions.

1. Are you using clones?
  2. Are you broadcasting a msg to increase the score ?

If you respond yes to these 2 questions: probablly all your clones are increasing the score...

(we have to look at your code...)

https://snap.berkeley.edu/snap/snap.html#present:Username=v1999&ProjectName=Tower_defense_game

Figured it out, thank you for the replies

Now at least you know how to share code :smile:
Was it the clones issue, as suggested by @loucheman ?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.