About the ability to get an image of a block with its result

Hi Nathalie,

I return to those two methods...

• With a simple variable (a list is not required). You can export it to a text. You will get a simple txt file with the variable content.

• But more useful. With lists. Exporting is not required. Inside list (different views) the content is "pickable".
    pickingInfoFromLists

You can select the content. And even work keyboard shortcuts (like [Ctrl]+A to select all, or [Shift]+arrows to add/remove characters...)

Joan

Wouah ! A thousand of thanks Joan !!! I cannot believe it... It was such a simple method !

This is a known misfeature.

Does this mean that the variable only displays the truncated version, or does the value itself get cropped?

The watcher (the grey-and-orange thing on the stage) doesn't know about bignums. The actual value in the variable is fine.

about that, I made a project with a block that sends anything to the clipboard, so it's an easier method. here it is

Hi,
Thank you but the project doesn't work on my browser (Firefox 72.0.1 on Mac OS 10.11.6).

maybe it's just the retrieve thing from clipboard that doesn't work, but if that doesn't work, than the send thing to clipboard doesn't work. I wouldn't know because I'm on windows 10 chrome. and all that code was just an example, but you can find the blocks in the control category.

same.
edit: it is because firefox wants you to have privacy, so it blocks websites from accessing the clipboard.

First of all I love your zelda Inspired Profile picture!how did you get and/or make it!?
second if you want a image as your background go to stage click on backgrounds and drag an image you want to load it as your background.I think thats how it works,but i'm only a student of the snap style background replacing

masters

@funtime_foxy101 @yeet_king @sushi-llama

Woah...dis is a old topic u posted in... 0.0...

I'm not a master lol...I don't know this stuff...

Use the ghost affect. It'll work for making a lot of things transparent easily. :)

use remove.bg if you wanna remove the background (if thats what youre asking)

Firefox

URL about:config

then

dom.events.testing.asyncClipboard = true

and browser restart.

that's a sierpinski triangle

Thank you @equilibrium . It works. but if you want the original size, you have to sign in...

Thank you @dardoro . I tried it. It doesn't work. I still have a background.

Hi @herodooble2. Here is an old project about Sierpinski triangle. You can use it if you want.
https://snap.berkeley.edu/snap/snap.html#present:Username=nathalierun&ProjectName=SierpinskiF

Sorry for not being clear enough, it's about copying to the clipboard :wink:

But you know "result pic..." function?
scriptpic
For me, result has a transparent background.
untitled script pic (41)

Oh, I see. Thanks !

Hi @ego-lay_atman-bay

I asked a question on the forums a long time ago about how to CTRL-C from reporters, and your [send _ to clipboard] block helped me out. I can't find that thread, but since it's a common question I was able to find this other thread where you provided it. (Maybe it should become a standard Snap! feature?)

I was in class today, and all the windows students were able to use it no problem, 2 out of 3 mac students were no problem, but 1 mac student had the following bizarre behavior: first use of the [send _ to clipboard] block worked, and allowed copy/pasting out a 20-digit BIGNUM. But all subsequent attempts to use the block to send a different BIGNUM to clipboard didn't do anything, pasting elsewhere still had the first number coming out of the clipboard.

Any idea how to explain/fix this problem?