About Bugs & Requests

Think you've found a problem with Snap!?

If you think you've found a bug in Snap!, describe it in this category.

Problems with scripting, or asking for help with projects, should not go here: post them in Help with Snap! instead. Thanks!

If you are reporting a bug, make sure you include:

• What the bug is
  • How to trigger it
  • Your browser/computer (eg. Chrome on Mac OS X)
  • When you saw this bug (the date or Snap! version are equally helpful).

If you are reporting a security problem (one that allows users' private information to be exposed or to allow editing--not remixing--other users' projects) please do not report it here. Instead please email contact@snap.berkeley.edu

Please also provide a sample project and/or screenshot so that we can better understand what's going on!

You can also report bugs directly at https://github.com/jmoenig/Snap--Build-Your-Own-Blocks/issues if you have a github account.

Thanks!

I removed "or website" for two reasons: (1) I thought it meant this website at first; (2) I think website-related stuff should be separate anyway. #2 is arguable but #1 isn't; if y'all want to reinstate "or website" it should be "or the snap.berkeley.edu website" (but isn't "web site" two words, also?).

I didn't edit, but really don't like, "once others have confirmed the bug you can report it on github." That sounds really condescending to me. People don't wait for our permission to file github issues; if we don't like them, we close them. What's the reasoning behind this?

Brian -- change the wording however you like. :slight_smile:

People don't wait for our permission to file github issues; if we don't like them, we close them. What's the reasoning behind this?

Jens wants less issues on GitHub? :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah, this is mainly to help clean up Github and make it so that we can actually manage the issues there. I do agree that it could be re-worded.

Honestly, the only reason to even copy over things to GitHub is because of the way Github supports linking stuff with commits really easy. (And I guess we'd also have a filter for Jens to focus on what are the biggest issues.)