A Snap! Mod Idea (Part 1)

Cool!

• I want the textbox to cover the entire right side of the IDE.
  • As I've said before, I want it to have easy, built-in support for input to and output from the textbox.
  • Turtle graphics doesn't make sense for a text-based Snap!. So, there wouldn't be built-in sprites.
  • Clicking certain parts of the textbox activating parts of the program. (ASCII art buttons)
  • Ability to make the textbox non-editable, or editable only in certain areas.
  • Ability to change the font of the textbox.
  • Built-in scrolling of the textbox.
  • And more.

Use the library "Getters and setters".

Covering the whole entire right side of the IDE would cover the sprite selection.

?

Yes, but I want to entirely remove sprites, much like the people who made BeetleBlocks did.

Use some javascript.

I don't want to have to enable JS every time I use it. So I want to make it a mod, so it would work even without JS enabled.

So... You need me? :smiley:

What do you mean?

I make mods. :slight_smile: Not just Snap! Jr., I have stuff on my computer that I haven't shared :wink:

Oh. I guess. At the least, someone other than me needs to test it, as:

Edit: Found your GitHub profile.

Actually, if it's usable online, like Snap! is, I can test it.

How do i change the font of the editor?
By the way, is there a way how to add a scroll?

I've officially started by forking jmoenig/Snap to WarpedWartWars/Text-Based_Snap.

I want to help with this but I can't have a GitHub account because of the [insert a word that's definitely not vulgar here] at GitHub who say you can't sign up for GitHub if your under 13.

You can test. :slight_smile:

I'm better at developing than testing.

@warped_wart_wars You need to change the copyright holder to you as the AGPL license states you have to mark that you changed the program.

Can't. look at the Snap! TOS.

Where?

This topic was automatically closed after reaching the maximum limit of 100 replies. Continue discussion at A Snap! Mod Idea (Part 2).