A programming language attempt

https://snap.berkeley.edu/snap/snap.html#present:Username=awdeni&ProjectName=Codi
This is Codi a programming language that is being worked on… My goal is to make it able to do stuff with lists and store stuff in a buffer.
examples
var(va = n5) (v is variable and Codi checks the letter after v and n is number codi checks the number after n)
print(f5) (it writes the number 5 to the output)

Needs some documentation. I'm not going to reverse engineer what your language looks like from its implementation. At least a nontrivial example of a program in the language would help.

This is amazing!

When a beta version comes out do you wanna test it? Also thanks and hi

If I have the time then I'll try it, but instead of posting multiple messages can you edit the original post?

Ok

There's a problem. If I say print(f100) it returns 1 instead of 100

That’s because u have to put one number
EDIT: I am working on it!

Don't you mean one digit? Because 100 is a number too.

I've tried making a C# Interpreter using Snap!. I designed all the UI Elements, and obviously I didn't finish it, but I think you could learn a few things from it. I only got as far as making the Console.WriteLine() command and even then you don't necessarily need the

void Main(){
   //Code here
}

part.

Honestly though I think I overdid the code.

Interesting.

One thing about the code so far is that you do a lot of extracting substrings based on baked-in character indices. That's fragile; if the user inputs

Console.writeLine (...)

or whatever that's called, with a space before the open parenthesis, you're going to include that open parenthesis in the printed text. You need something like the
untitled script pic (3)
block in the strings library instead.

I'm looking forward to your handling of (nested) expressions!

It's been a while since you last posted anything. How is the project going?

That was only 7 days ago.. occasionally i go weeks without saying anything here, though still read.

Edit: Btw, on an unrelated note, does anyone know what year Jens was born? I'm writing a wikipedia article

I'm not sure when he was born, but I fixed the link to Morphic.js.

Thank you, but Morphic.js is a Javascript implementation of Morphic

I know. Scroll down.

Lets stop talking here, but in the talk page
https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Draft_talk%3AJens_Mönig#Info_Needed

Okay.

[quote="awdeni, post:1, topic:15768"]
This is Codi a programming language that is being worked on… My goal is to make it able to do stuff with lists and store stuff in a buffer.
examples
var(va = n5) (v is variable and Codi checks the letter after v and n is number codi checks the number after n)
print(f5) (it writes the number 5 to the output)
[/quote] consider syntax like list(la = [n5, n10]) for list operations and buffer(ba = 100) to initialize a buffer of size 100 for storing data.