Workarounds for blocks Snap doesn't have (Part 2)

i guess another block pack lol script pic will help in the i < end

What's important is comparing i with end, not comparing either of them with zero. (That's what you're doing by looking at the sign of the number.)

another block pack lol script pic

it was just something to detect if the number is negative so the i < end would work

Whether i < end will work has nothing to do with whether either number is negative.

for i = -10 to -5 needs i > end as its end test.

for i = -5 to -10 needs i < end as its end test.

ohhhh i get it now

Umm. I hate to ruin your mood, but... You have the following (mixed with other tests) near the beginning of that block:

set (i) to (num)
if (num) > (num2)
  repeat until (i) > (num2)

What's that repeat until going to do? We've already determined that num > num2, and i=num, so i is already bigger than num2 before the repeat until. So it's never going to do anything. Right?

I have one question, How to post blocks?

Thanks!

right click the block you want to take a picture of, click script pic and then upload the image

or use scratchblocks
please read this tutorial all the way through

Edit: whoops replied to the wrong person sorry

why?

it's been 2 months

no i mean what do you expect to get out of bumping? this is a tutorial post. if you want to suggest a workaround or something, or to discuss something on-topic with someone, just say it. but there's no other reason to post here.
tutorial posts won't close a month after the last reply, either.

Yes, but otherwise this topic will be unoticed.

Even though this topic is 1 year ago, but how do you make these blocks?
[scratchblocks]
flip horizontal::looks
flip vertical::looks
[/scratchblocks]
Edit: oh wait, you can use it by the stretch block with the -100 value but I need it to work with the Turtle costume if it's possible

Rule1 of Snap! - the turtle isn't a costume - it's the naked body of a sprite :slight_smile:

One suggestion would be to make a costume that looks like the turtle and then use your stretch technique?

Ah, no, don't encourage Jens to think that way! Of course it's a costume. It's just a defective one because you can't stretch it or measure it.

I hate this when the code says a js null about the turtle costume

Yeah.

Brian Harvey, how dare you? Don't worry, turtle, you're just as special as the rest of them :)

Layer # doesn't need JS: