Who wants to collab for a horror game? (Part 5)

im working on a text adventure lol its not good but its my first time using python if anyone wants to see it here is the .py file GitHub - clowestick/randomtextadventure: idk

Well I can’t because I can’t run python

Snap is harder than python imo

Can @sladescar try the music program? It needs to be useable

online compliler?

also they are about the same imo

just make a compression library

Iv'e been trying to make an midi to snap note converter, if I figure it out maybe we can use that

I don’t think that’s ideal either but we can definitely try

i figured it out!!!

What?

https://snap.berkeley.edu/snap/snap.html#present:Username=joecooldoo&ProjectName=MIDI%20Player

It seems to me that a recurring issue has been the large filesize of the game. Have y'all considered making a fork of Snap! through GitHub, adding the game as an example project, and then hosting the Snap! fork through something like Netlify (if not GitHub Pages)? Then, if someone wanted to make a change to the game, they could make a pull request on the GitHub repository.

Meow can’t use GitHub and I can’t make an account

The only websites that meow can acess are snap and code.org
Nothing else

Made the MIDI player easier to use

If that is really true, I have no other solutions. I find that kinda hard to believe, though. As an alternative to GitHub, you could use other browser-based Git clients like BitBucket.

i have an account and i already have my page up

I mean I’d rather work with the limits of snap

Ok managed to cram filesize back down to 7,200 with jumpscares so we have around 3,000kb left, i have an idea on how to use the music program

We could use it for more simple tracks and for more complex tracks we can use the midi converter

Another idea is that we could host the music on a separate website and then have a way to play the music from a url, I don’t think that’s possible in snap though

I’m also making some death screen explanations

Nice

Hey, is there anything I can work on?