Where is the call with continuation

What's problem you are encountering?
I can't find it
What have you tried that didn't work?
I looked for it
Post a project example, link, or screenshot:

You have to shift-click the Snap! logo top left and then select dev mode

I think they've been superseded (but can't remember what by) and are now deprecated

ok thx

The this block has an option for this [continuation], which is what replaced the call / run with continuation blocks.

Too bad the new function is not user-documented yet (no Block Help, no up-to-date Reference Manual). I, for one, wouldn’t know how to use it. IMAO a documentation update - and why not start with a few Block Helps every day? - is more urgent than further software development right now.

don't use the old dev mode versions, these have been deprecated! In v9 continuations have been elevated to truly first-class members in Snap! now, rather than being the half-baked ephemeral kludges they are in Scheme. Just write run/call _ with my continuation:

ok thx

Thanks for the example.

Now could you explain why the following variation on your example does not work?

untitled script pic (18)

(I'm not saying it ought to work - I probably just don't understand the intricacies of continuations)

a continuation is a property of a function (a ring or a custom block definition), not of an expression (a block). Does that make sense?

That makes sense.

Still: what, in this case, does untitled script pic 110 refer to, in your example, and in mine, and how does that explain the different behaviours? Thanks in advance!

"this continuation" points to what's left to compute after the current procedure (script).

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.