What’s new in v8.1.1?

Yeah, and there's a topic from a couple years ago that basically said that too, but it's nice to see it implemented formally now.

here's a quick write-up I did on the new dictionaries feature (more will follow): Dictionaries in Snap! v8.1

Someone forgot to remove stuff from libraries

Now I understand why in Wednesday and Thursday projects on Snap! website were hanging up when fetching them.

Well, the asoc block does give a different result, but it is a very similar function.

There was an issue with hat blocks which has now been fixed in 8.1.2

By "stuff" do you mean ASSOC? I'm not yet 100% convinced that it's 100% obsolete; for example, you may be dealing with a data structure made by someone else, or you may need to control the order of items in the list.

But maybe I just need to play with nonnumeric items more.

Off-topic for what you replied to, but is there away to share media through scenes?

I don't think so, but I don't yet fully understand all the details about scenes. Wait until I write the manual. :~)

speaking of pipe, you could update that script pic in the slideshow thing on the home page, to show the power of hyperblocks

Yeah,It lacks an update since 6.0

You mean an ordered association list.There is no such thing in python or javascript,but I guess that scheme has those

javascript has Map, idk about python since i don't use it. you can probably find it in other languages with the name "Map" or similar

I know but I thought that it was unordered

Javascript and python use unordered dictionaries (I think), but use ordered lists. Snap only has lists, so they are always ordered. What users do in snap to make dictionaries is by putting 2 item lists in a list, then finding the first item in each list as the key, then the second item is the value.

See, this is the problem with making complicated primitive data types. Users start thinking that they have to be primitive or you can't use them! On my grumpy days I think we should stop having built in lists and just provide pairs.

Hmm. I suppose we could, but the original purpose of that example script was to show off the three main HOFs, by using each of them once to get the acronym.

Haha lol
(Linked) lists are quite helpful tho

Hmm.The use of map here would be unhelpful and redundant.Maybe I could come up a scenario where you cannot use hyperblocks and must use map.Like when your target block isn't hyperized.

its easier to do that so you can go to the community page through the cloud button and share it