Void blocks

You can't hide primitives like that though.

Firstly, I'm back! Yay...

Also, DANG IT, Snap! 8.0.0 introduced the DEFINE blocks, making my library obsolete.

Well I'll try to make more blocks and rename this post to "C++ Blocks" because I'm planning on adding things like pointers or something. If pointers exist I'm out of ideas.

a pointer is a list index. to dereference the pointer, take that index in the list.
also, "void" blocks didn't make sense since the start of snap, it's just the same thing as creating a block.
i think you're trying to replicate text languages without understanding how they actually work or if/why you should.

Well, a list index is a kind of pointer. I think @slate_technologies is talking about the actual memory address of a datum -- in the context of a browser, the memory address in the virtual address space that the browser provides to the page, which can move around in actual actual memory. But Javascript deals with pointers Lisp-style, not C-style. That is to say, every value in JS is actually, under the hood, a pointer to the value. But there's no explicit pointer type, no pointer arithmetic, no dereference operator. You're supposed to think as if you really had values in your program, rather than pointers to values, and the language makes it all work without you. This is the right thing, because human beings are notoriously unable to manipulate pointers explicitly without introducing bugs.

i didn't mean in a literal sense, i mean for pretty much all practical purposes in a snap program it's the method you would use to do what you would do with a pointer in a systems language. it's a simplification for this specific context.

also i don't think they had lisp or javascript style pointers in mind for a library specifically called "C++ Blocks"

I think that he meant that you can't get a pointer, because they aren't first class in javascript, and that they probably shouldn't be first class.

Yeah, exactly.