Some Options In The Getters And Setters Library Don't Work

Yes but why is it a danger.

Some people can use it to get your password.

Someone said somewhere that Snap! never stores passwords, only (I think) one-way hashes.

And I assume Scratch does the same.

I wouldn’t do that. I know some evil person might but it is still useful for many things.

1: @bh please split topic
2: Username ≠ password????

No need to. I made the topic and I brought it up.

Obviously. But what if you use some website to get the IP Address of a person, and some how tricked the person into inputing their password, then if you see the same IP Address in a Snap! project and record the username?

what?

I feel that I've already described it as much as I can. If you dont know what an Ip address is, then you probably dont understand what security precautions you need to take to prevent identity theft.

No I know what an IP address is.

Do you even know what you can do with an IP address?
If you call this api, it fetches your exact latitude and longitude.

I think exact is claiming too much. What it probably tells you is the latitude and longitude of your Internet carrier's nearest office, but I keep having stores' web sites trying to geolocate me and end up saying I'm in Santa Clara, which is actually quite far from Berkeley.

Okay, I looked up lat/lon returned by it and it definitely doesn't show my exact position, but it still returns what city I live in.

When I'm on my computer, it says I'm in a city far away from where I really live, but on my ipad, it returned the actual city I live in. I guess my ipad isn't as secure as my computer.

I'm guessing that's because your iPad gets internet from your cell carrier whereas your computer gets internet from your landline or cable carrier. It has nothing to do with the device itself, just how you plug it in.

Makes sense.

I think it's because a smartphone or a tablet has a built-in geolocation function, but a computer does not. I believe the computer is getting its geolocation from a device belonging to your internet provider. (router? or something like that). You and all your neighbors and probably your whole street have the same geolocation (with a computer).)