Snap! v7.3.0 Release

I see. But it is unusual for "syntactic sugar' to exclude correct usage such as 0 and 1 input.

Dunno what's up, but gee, this is getting really depressing. Until yesterday the plus block had exactly 2 input slots. Today it has 2 or more slots and it also can take the sum of any number of inputs, including 0, 1, 2 - n. But we're niggling about this as if I'd taken away something. Maybe I should go back to chasing ambulances. And maybe y'all should go back to LOGO.

mhm

Sorry. I do like the change but I don't see how it can take 0 or 1 inputs (and I thought @bh said he argued for it but lost). The left facing triangle disappears when you get back to 2 inputs.

I think my aesthetics here come from Lisp. I would like to say

untitled script pic

like any variadic input in Snap these associative reporters now also accept input lists:

input_list

these can have any number of values:

sum

and report those super important edge cases certain folks obsess about:

identity

one use case, of course, is to linearize grid procedures:

@jens, this version is excellent and the variadic inputs are so advanced. So, I'm modifying the Snap! 7.3.0 dev and adding the new features of the Snap! 7.3.0 full-release, so I'm call it Snap Advanced!.
So the GameBoy to GameBoy Advance, so here's Snap! to Snap Advanced!, I modified the warning dialog, to like a welcome dialog, a security update, an user manager, etc. So the download isn't available, but there's a screenshot for now. :slight_smile:

Can you do the same for the and and or operators?

Probably there are the "and" "or" operators, look at the arrow of there in my screenshot. Ok, look:
Captura de Pantalla 2022-03-08 a la(s) 12.13.10
See the arrows, there are the variadic "and" "or" operators, but for now i put 2 inputs in the "and" "or" to do an list output of them, "a new list with true and false".

Oh @jens, I see you wanna to talk, I'm waiting for your response, good sir. :mantelpiece_clock:

Very good. Was this trick of dropping a list on these kinds of blocks documented? I didn't see it in the release notes or your announcement that started this thread.

I don't think they do:
Screenshot 2022-03-08 12.26.38 PM

Oh, I see it, @jens forgot edit that blocks? :face_with_raised_eyebrow: :man_facepalming:t2:
Thanks for send a screenshot, I think for my Snap Advanced! mod, but I see that forgotten blocks, poor blocks, Snap Advanced! have that solution, but soon, ok, thanks for send me this. :slightly_smiling_face:

your welcome!

your welcome you to, be friends? :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

There is also min and max. E.g.

untitled script pic (48)

I found it by searching.

I think I found another problem:
Screenshot 2022-03-08 12.58.36 PM

Yes, I've found this as well. However, it is a minor bug (following @bh rules)

This is a real bug:

Block should not error when ringed...

I found by experimentation that if you drop the list block on the triangle icon that makes the block apply to the whole list. But note that dropping lists on the inputs isn't a bug. E.g.
untitled script pic (49)

I think they meant that when an input list version of a block is relabeled, the other options are the normal blocks with the input block on the first slot instead of the input list versions.