Script builder library (Part 1)

That is because the "blocks in" block doesn't look at block inputs. The blocks in the repeat, if, and else blocks are inputs. To get the blocks inside the blocks use the slot of block, like so:

I probably should change something to make it more obvious that it only gets the blocks in the stack. I am having a hard time explaining this concisely.

I'm not quite sure what you mean by that, but judging by the accompanying picture I can probably guess what you mean. (Do you mean the background color of the list block? That doesn't look orange to me, that looks brown.) I didn't think people would use this to modify long scripts or actually help them script, but rather build scripts programmatically from blocks or small scripts because that's why I made the library. I wanted to make a compiler.

i have no idea how to implement that.
Although maybe like how you can drag blocks out of speech bubbles (I remember I accidentally found out you could do that once, but it appears that I have forgotten about it until now), maybe you can drag it out of those result bubbles? Ah, no you can't because the bubble will disappear. But regardless, I don't actually intend for this library to be used for actually helping you script and the only reason I can think of why you would want that is to do just that.

You can, in fact, drag block morphs out of sprite speech bubbles, if it's a block morph and not a ring.

I do agree that in most cases, you would not have such long scripts as inputs, but I think that such cases should be considered. For example, in the block that I showed, the script is not really that long, but it still results in a huge block. Imagine how unwieldy that would be nested in other blocks.

This was not a suggestion for your library per se, but a suggestion in general that I think is especially important if/when these or similar features make it into Snap. With numbers or strings, they only exist as inputs in a block (outside of variables). However, scripts and lists can exist by themselves in the scripting area. With scripts like they are now, there is -in my opinion- a kind of divide between a script in the scripting area and a script generated by a block. This behavior would help to bridge that gap.

Again, this is all just my opinion.

so cool!

so funny

oh, and

haha lol

I made a block to attach scripts to the mouse programmatically
this contributes to something so it isnt necroposting please dont flag me

that is so cursed

do not try this
if you hold shift while placing a block it turns off until you release shift

Also I do not understand how your post relates to script builder library, the library intended for programmatically manipulating blocks in a Snap! program

here, so @ego-lay_atman-bay made this:

and with that you can get it on your mouse.

but why would you want that block? why would you have a variable named "a List [1 elements]" and want to modify that variable by dragging a one-element list block into the variable name slot?

you wouldn't lol

i forgot about that reply and no context was given so it just seemed to come out of nowhere. also the reply you replied to in the reply to does not say anything about the reply you are talking about hopefully that sentence was not confusing.

yea it just shows quotes

you can bypass the empty post rule by writing a ton of <p></p><p></p> tags at the end, since they count as characters

yep it is. it happens because you cant put an unringified command block in a number input.

want to see something more cursed?
object Blob

can you share a project with that?

No, actually, I've been trying to get something like that into the scripting area for a long time. Nothing worked. There isn't a way to directly transform contexts into ringmorphs sadly (unless they're empty).