Script builder library (Part 1)

No, actually, I've been trying to get something like that into the scripting area for a long time. Nothing worked. There isn't a way to directly transform contexts into ringmorphs sadly (unless they're empty).

but can you share a project with the code of how you got that?

It's pretty easy to make.
Because contexts can accept any morph as their inside part, you can get really funny results:
return new Context(null, code to generate whatever morph);
also calling the ring will report nothing because it has no block instructions so these have no purpose but to look weird

This is really impressive!

Not exactly what you expected but ...

context script pic
context script pic (7)
context script pic (6)

With context script pic (2) block borrowed from @wunder_wulfe project Snap! Build Your Own Blocks

That's very cool, but a little fragile; it failed my standard first test for metaprogramming:

P.S. Redefining the same spec should delete the old one.

...check?
I'm learning about hamming code and other things recently

secret effect!

untitled script pic
This requires that the variable referenced inside unevaluated expression should be actually evaluated and stored as value...
Variable stored, the usual way, in the variableFrame in the context, will be "live".
Maybe implicit/hidden extern parameters should be introduced as a part of custom block creation. This way, values of the outer scope variables can be captured for future reference.

all hidden effects:

1. comic

2. confetti

3. duplicate

Yeah, I guess the underlying problem is that the DEFINE is going out of its way not to make the definition inside the scope of ORDINALS. If it were an internal definition (which we don't have but should) it would get the environment of ORDINALS automatically. Perhaps there should be yet another input to DEFINE for importing variables. (Not just their values, by the way. You should be able to change index inside the define, no?)

:alonzo:: WHAT
Pic:(script: When flag clicked
Say (input (set(marker) to [Error!]))
Mess-Age: Error excepting list but getting (set(marker) to [Error!]))

um, i don't know what you're trying to say, or what input is, or how the set block is a reporter. can you send an actual script pic of your script? do this by right-clicking on the script and clicking "script pic..."

How to add an picture to post and make it sendable

drag the image into the textarea or paste it

ok thanks

i made a better version of If <> then blockcontext script pic (1)

it seems that you're putting the blocks in the input which says how much times it will repeat. you should put it in slot 2 instead, where the actual blocks go.

there's a bug in block and inside has Undefined! block and it reports an error

This topic was automatically closed after reaching the maximum limit of 100 replies. Continue discussion at Script builder library (Part 2).