Screen Refresh erases costume data

Better now, sprite is refreshed on stage and in corral, thumbnail after switch to script/sounds tab.

hmm... thanks! This uses OffscreenCanvas now. It's funny, because with OffscreenCanvas I'm now losing graphics data on my Mac, haha! Oh well, I'll just revert those changes for now, no use trying to fix an actual browser bug inside an application.

Works for me too

what if you make a sprite say a picture of something, like a ringed block. Then switch to another tab and back again. For me, the graphics inside the speech bubble then turn gray-ish, which also shouldn't happen with OffscreenCanvasses. Google are really great at breaking graphics :frowning:

# Issue 1294505: Canvas get cleared at page being invisible if experimental features is enabled
Seems to be already corrected for

++Corrections

Not-Reproducible on
100.0.4868.0- Canary
100.0.4867.0- Dev
99.0.4844.15- Beta

Requested to be backported to v98

Self-Merge-Request-98

Here's the result of my tests with google chrome and brave. I'm just testing to see if the costume turns into this

browser/chromium version/snap version with Accelerated 2D canvas without Accelerated 2D canvas
Brave (chromium 98.0.4758.87) / snap 7.1.5 -dev doesn't work doesn't work
Google chrome (chromium 98.0.4758.102) / snap 7.1.5 -dev doesn't work doesn't work
Brave (chromium 98.0.4758.87) / snap 7.1.4 works works
Google chrome (chromium 98.0.4758.102) / snap 1.1.4 works works

In conclusion, the current version doesn't have an issue, but the dev version does.

Strange but for me Google Chrome 98.0.4758.102 and Snap! 7.1.4 with Accelerated 2D canvas doesn't work (original problem where entire page is white until I interact with it and costume is gone)

It does not work on my PC.
Costumes of sprites, as well as the base Turtle sprite disappear.
Code displaying SAY msgs do work and display the message without the sprite visible.
Any combo of HIDE / SHOW does not change anything. Sprites / costumes still not visible.

# Issue 1294505: Canvas get cleared at page being invisible if experimental features is enabled
# Issue 1294863: Images drawn using canvas.drawImage method disappear after switching tabs

Accordingly to the bugs.chromium.org it's directly tied to

Experimental Web Platform features

Enables experimental Web Platform features that are in development. – Mac, Windows, Linux, Chrome OS, Android, Fuchsia

#enable-experimental-web-platform-features

Thanks, I've now reverted all "quick fixes" in the current Snap! dev version.