How to make good buttons for projects

yep, same in set pen and in change pen(!), we chatted about this on Zulip starting 11/20 in "v7-dev", along with examples for each block and input variant :wink:

Jens is also a musician, which is reflected in his word choice. The quadruplet in music has a different meaning than the generic meaning of the word.

And 'quartet' is listed among the alternative names for tuples of length 4.
See in Wikipedia article about tuples.

alternative_names_for_tuple_lengths

I once saw a scratch project use trigonometry to make a cool floating button animation. It divides cos by 3 and sets cos to y or something like that.

Huh. I never knew that.

This was a great help! Thanks for this.

Thank you!

Try to figure out how to make the button actually work (I couldn't.)

THE BUTTON TUTORIAL WILL BE UPDATED SOON!!!

I will incorporate some bug fixing and many more.

A bug I've found is that if you move your cursor on and off the button, it will slowly shrink. I've fixed it for now.

I've incorporated more functions now!

Wouldn't it be easier to just do this:
untitled script pic (1)
untitled script pic

It's not as advanced, but it takes less memory.

You're right. But however, this button is supposed to be compatible with Scratch as well, and Scratch doesn't have the when Hat block.

Does it have to be compatible with scratch?

I think this takes less memory as it doesn't constantly run.

yeah, I didn't think of that. I used that code in my game, so I think I might use this one instead. Thank you!

I agree this is better than the other hat block, but from my experience I can say no hat block is better than incorporating all your sensing blocks inside your 'main' forever loop.

Nice tutorial. I like it.

From my experience, some things don't lag in a forever loop, but they do lag under the when block. Idk why.

Well, I do want it to be compatible with Scratch.

why don't you just make a version in scratch, and then make one in snap using snap's features. You don't have to limit yourself to make things compatible with scratch (especially since you'd have to copy block for block manually to convert something to scratch, or make your own convertor). It's just easier this way,

Like I said, I want it to be compatible with Scratch.

Besides, my Scratch account has been banned for quite a while and so has my IP address.

Can't you use the scratch editor if you're banned?