How is Snap4Arduino implemented?

Project updated.

Thanks. With UDP broadcast & RESTful +json & library export, now snap can do our work with SnapAirUnit, which communicates with FC(Flight Controller)

Dear dardoro:

I have met an issue. When I get data from udp server, I can't map this binary correctly to string. BUT I can indeed map list to string.

I'm confused. It should be something like "0.1.cce3787-dirty" :frowning:

TCPClientTest

Log is accumulated for the debug purpose.
To work with the single datagram, store it first.
TCPClient script pic
Most blocks are "hyperized" so they can seamlessly take a list as an input.

:+1: Excellent !!!

It works! :grinning:

I think you've missed @dardoro point about unicode as letter being "hyperised"

Also, do you know about the technique of dropping a list onto the arrows of a join block so that it changes to join input list?

Have a play around - your code will be faster (not important probably here) but certainly shorter and neater :slight_smile:

As a matter of fact, I really don't know much about snap. Just try to make things work, so that I can focus on our SnapAirUnit, which is trying to control the flight controller, like a companion computer.

I hope that I have time to know more about snap. And then I'll do more about visual programming. Hope it will NOT be long.

BTW, is there any idea or concept here, such as thread/process/mutex/semphore? I didn't find in SnapManual.pdf. Or maybe, there is an other definition about this phrases.

Fair enough - I do that myself when using JavaScript - I just want working code - don't need/want to understand it :slight_smile:

Brian (@bh) is the person for those sort of discussions - maybe he'll join in this thread

FYI Snap4Arduino is a bit behind the main Snap! program, so not all features in the manual are available to it

Very Good Point. I think there might be a lot of work to follow the main stream of snap.

So in my opinion, I hope people, using our produt, to follow the main stream of snap language, NOT kind of hybrid re-packed software, which might have much more hiden detailed design.

We are trying to use moduler design concept, and divide modules by application programming interface.

Currently, we are trying to use RESTFul API to de-couple the flight controller(Open Source, of course) with Snap. I also hope we can do more advanced flight actions to make flight happier.