First-class colors (Part 1)

some % of color: the some text should be an input, and should work with NUMBERS too, and the + will be the same from operators. also why is it on pen, pen is not the same as colors.

this doesn't seem like a lot of blocks, are you sure it should be its own category?
also, the amount of categories is odd, which means the category select bar looks bad

it could be a library.

so, then the blocks would have to be in the pen category?
libraries can't create categories, to make that happen you would have to modify the editor, and the cloud, and the cloud backend. (probably not all of those, but you get the idea.)

@bh , would a library be considered primitive, just asking.

31 posts were split to a new topic: Remixing someone else's blocks

the OTHER category

why the other category?

because colors ≠ pen

but pen is the closest primitive category to colors
so pen ~ colors
and other ≠ colors

Why the other category(also the other category is not actually a category, they fall in the variables section(as you can see in the picture below), and dealing with colors is not related to variables.

We could convince @bh and @jens to do it somehow?

welp , that seems bad for our proposal.

I do think we have a higher chance of having this as the devs want snap to be 100% first class

Yeah. I know that.

how are we supposed to use first class colors

untitled script pic-3
This is an example of first class colors, In the simplest case, we could store colors in variables, this could be useful for drawing with pen.
It also makes more sense than
untitled script pic-4
Because it needs a run block to execute.

Edit: Lol @spacer made this a wiki post.
Edit: Yes, I did @helicoptur , you can edit this with more ways to use them.

Can I get some uses for these blocks, I don't want them to just be one of the overlooked libraries of catagorys. I know that they have some potential in them.

Please reply