Ask questions about Snap! to Snap!

hm. I suppose now I know what the 1.4 version was like.

Scratch contains a program installer to Scratch 1.4.

Welcome to Snap!.

In the beginning, we were hoping to persuade the Scratch Team to adopt our core ideas (first class procedures and first class lists), and so we were careful to make as few changes as possible to Scratch, adding seven blocks and one button. But they weren't persuaded, and since then we have felt freer to diverge. We have followed some of their changes over time, while rejecting others (such as the demotion of the Pen blocks to a library you have to discover). We think we've moved past them in media computation by extending our core philosophy (everything first class) to costumes and sounds.

Personally I think their new flat design is hideous, although Jens kinda likes it. Something I wish they'd learned from us is zebra coloring:

which is one of the many small enhancements we've provided.

There's a big update on the horizon, almost a complete rewrite. But it's aimed mainly at improving browser performance rather than at adding features. (Although there are some of those too.)

I like it better than snap, but I wish the font size was bigger

huh. Yes, I do see how some of these updates are better. personally, I prefer how much easier it is to edit a sprite in Scratch, and the extensions that are availible, but I do see how Snap is better in some ways. I do wish that Snap would add a way to show favorite projects, though.

I agree with both of those things

In the Options (gear) menu, choose "Zoom blocks" near the top.

Yes, we know we need a better vector editor. It'll happen.

Yeah, yeah, eventually. :~) We have some urgent things to do on the web site to support teachers. After that, we can get onto things users want.

Can you try allowing users to customize their profile on the Snap website?

I was talking about in scratch

Oh, right. Sorry I misread that!

It's domain,not domian!

Well, that is kind of true. According to @bh, Snap! was an extension to Scratch 1.0 or 1.9 or something. It was called "Build your own Blocks!" but then it started becoming a seperate project, and eventually morphed into what we know now as Snap!

Scratch 1.4.

Thank you

You're welcome. I actually have it.