An ongoing project: Purely Functional Snap!

I think I've completed the list blocks!

I'm not sure what the problem is.
Purely Functional Snap! script pic

Nevermind. Fixed.

I'm not sure what you're asking for. The whole idea of functional programming is that you don't have, and don't use, blocks like ADD etc. It sounds like you're asking for all the Snap! blocks, even the commands, but implemented using functional primitives?

I see your point.

Yes, but “add” “delete” “insert” and “replace” can all be reportafied and would be quite useful in these states

Here’s the ones I made!
Purely Functional Snap! script pic 5
Purely Functional Snap! script pic 4

Purely Functional Snap! script pic 3

The “let” block acts as immutibles but it allows you to set multiple for 1 script without stacking the blocks a ton

As you can see I made my own version of the loop block as well, this one has the delay like the normal loop block does

The only interesting implementation of lists was with the add block

All the other ones just look like this
Purely Functional Snap! script pic 7

Edit: small mistake in the LET block, i accidentally put the old version in that doesn’t call all the commands, still doesn’t work tho and I’m figuring out why
IMG_1578
Purely Functional Snap! script pic 10

You need to put the last a in a ring. I had a similar problem with my Immutable variables yesterday.

(FYI, you can check out all the blocks in the Original Post.)

I’ll work on merging that with my version as well as giving the blocks more conventional names

I gave points their own input type slot with the label §

I can't wait to make a project with this! I hope you are satisfied with what you get when you finish.

That's better than my (x,y) for them.

@bluebaritone21's blocks:
Purely Functional Snap! script pic

@cookieclickerer33's blocks:

Insert your blocks here.

Want to make a block? feel free to add your blocks in the same format as our blocks.

I remade them myself using the inbuilt names, I’ll share a full list soon

Here’s a full list of the blocks added so far!

IMG_1582

IMG_1583

IMG_1584

IMG_1585

Cool! Could you add them to the wiki post above?

Sure

Done!

What do you think?

Pretty sure I formatted them incorrectly qwp

I also added the “confetti” and “comic” effects to these version of the effect blocks

These are real effects but they just don’t show up inside the “set effect” block, they work perfectly and I have no idea why they are hidden

Cool! (I didn't know your name is Chloe!)

Yea that’s the one I ultimately decided on, I use it basically everywhere now

It's not your given name?