- What browsers show this problem? Chrome 83.0.4103.97 (Official Build) (64 bit)
- Please share an example project (if possible): https://snap.berkeley.edu/snap/snap.html#present:Username=s_federici&ProjectName=wrong%20capitalization%20in%20message%20name
- Describes the steps to reproduce this issue: the xml projects has been converted by snapinator to Snap from https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/404783934
- What does Snap! currently do? whereas all messages "spiegazione - esempio 1" have the first letter in small capital in the xml file created by snapinator, the same message in sprite "francesca" when opened in Snap shows up as "Spiegazione - esempio 1". So, the two messages do not match
- What should Snap! do instead? correctly show all "spiegazione - esempio 1" messages in small capital when the xml file is opened in Snap
That's not a problem snap causes, snapin8r causes it when converting the project.
This is not what I verified. In the xml file generated by snapinator I couldn't find any "Spiegazione - esempio 1" with the first S uppercase. Can you? If so, can you please let me know of a string close to the message with uppercase S so that I can try to see it? Thanks in advance
@djdolphin This one's for you...
That is unshared. We need to go to projects.scratch.mit.edu for that. I am not on a computer so I cannot check that project. But Scratch is often changing its architecture meaning that there can be something in their code which caused this to happen.
I recommend taking a look here- https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/373603/?page=3#post-4133313.
I shared it now. Anyway snapinator works on unshared projects too.
As I said, in my check of snapinator's xml output I could not find any mismatch. I could not find any occurrence of the "Spiegazione - esempio 1" message with the first S uppercase as it shows up in Snap once loaded. But if someone is able to find it, please let me know what are its "surroundings" so that I can see it.