Workarounds for blocks Snap doesn't have (Part 1)

May I see the blocks?

But I forgot to save.

oh well

Called it. That's much easier to use. Thanks!

if the item # of the input in list = 1, than it reports 0.

This should work:

Hi, I have another doubt how to make these effects? "faster”, “slower”, “echo”, “robot”, “louder”, “softer”, and “reverse”.
And also the pan left/right and pitch effects.
I tried but it failed.
And I forgot to save.

I don't know JavaScript. That's the main flaw.
I am not able to concentrate on Snap*!* because I am busy with Python and Panda3d creating a game called OpenCity.

If you want to you can join my discord server.

Not to be rude, but would you mind updating the list, @miniepicness?

Hi, I have another doubt how to make these effects? "faster”, “slower”, “echo”, “robot”, “louder”, “softer”, and “reverse”.
Here is a block for making a sound louder or softer:

(values less than 1 soften it, values greater than one make it louder)

Here is a block for reversing a sound:

The left/right panning can be done with these blocks:

sound fun script pic (3)

sound fun script pic (2)

Hope this helps!

Thank you

But what about other sound effects.
Pitch,
Faster,
Slower,
Echo,
Robot etc.

Sure.

Anybody have a workaround for hashtables?

One of the first BYOB3 projects was a hash table library. But I guess it hasn't been published.

But I wouldn't call this a "workaround"--this isn't something you'd expect us to provide as primitive. It's too easy and too educational to write yourself! Just look up the algorithms. I recommend linked-list hash buckets rather than rehashing on collisions, which is easy to get wrong.

The problem is, javascript doesn't have integers. I tried to get around this by using each bit of the double, but in fact there are many infinities, and other invalid numbers.

can someone make a workaround for untitled script pic (8) here's the link to it

I don't understand. Are you saying that 64 bits aren't enough for you? Use the bignum library!

What you want is a simple Finite State Machine library. Read this:
https://people.eecs.berkeley.edu/~bh/v3ch1/fsm.html
That'd solve your specific problem and be useful more generally. Take your string of keystrokes as a regular expression, turn it into a finite state machine, and send the machine a message every time a character is typed.