Workarounds for blocks Snap doesn't have (Part 1)

You can just use untitled%20script%20pic

I didn't know that the point towards supported list input in snap. Cool.

Yeah we're trying to promote the idea of a point as a semi-primitive semi-abstract data type, so you can have lists of points and so on.

position

9diagonals

(PS Looks even cooler if you keep the pen up while collecting the vertices.)

Ooooh! That's a really neat project, Brian!!

Thanks!

The catch block in the Iteration, composition library does not resume from the throw block when returned to. I have programmed that feature.

It does for me. Can you send an example that fails using the library version? Thanks.

Number of sprites:
untitled script pic (4)

There's probably a more efficient/neater way to do this, but I'm new to JS, so this is what I got.

psst, there is string.includes(substring)

Actually I could have just done "ask stage for my other sprites".

Oh I get it; I thought you were reporting a bug, but you just want (and programmed) different behavior.

That's clever, but a little weird that it changes the behavior of the CATCH BREAKPOINT. I think it would be better to make a new continuation at the THROW and -- I want to say "return it," but of course there's no question of returning something when throwing to a continuation. I guess the CATCH BREAKPOINT would have to have an(other) upvar into which THROW BREAKPOINT could store the new continuation, or something.

Also I think a little weird that you get to return to the breakpoint exactly once. Sounds like you have a very specific application in mind. Yes?

I don't have a specific application; I just decided to give myself the challenge of figuring out how to return to the throw block. You can put multiple throw breakpoint blocks in the catch breakpoint block.

I created some of blocks with help of scratch wiki. But I don't know if it works or not.

May I see the blocks?

But I forgot to save.

oh well

Called it. That's much easier to use. Thanks!

if the item # of the input in list = 1, than it reports 0.