Why are signatures removed?

oh, I read it like it was a list of people acting like babies. lol. I just read it again, and it makes sense. I guess I wasn't reading it very carefully the first time.

(That's you quoting @yeet_king.)

There are all sorts of web sites for chatting. Facebook, Twitter, and TikTok for example, but others too.

I'm guessing that our lot are chatting here because we're an educational site and their parents won't let them use chat sites. If I'm right, we're being used as a way of lying to their parents.

I get that it's hard living with covid-19. I get that everyone is desperate for human contact. As we keep saying, we wish we could offer that service, but we can't.

@bh I don't see myself in that list...was I being a baby?

As I said before:

I think Collaborations and Shops are okay to remove (they always go offtopic), but Share Your Projects doesn't usually have that issue.

(Zahra here)
sorry @jens, for everything Kaito said about you, and now we're both feeling most uncomfortable for it. Please understand that Kaito's experienced a lot of pain and so he flies into rages about little things a lot without thinking. However, we feel we need to apologise. Gomen'nasai.
Honestly, though, it IS our fault for these silly new rules. If we could just be allowed to keep our shops and collaborations, maybe we wouldn't feel so angry, and things would be ok. Maybe if you had a thing for banning people after going off-topic a certain number of times, we wouldn't be in such a mess. even if you take shops and collabs away, we'd still have people going off topic and ruining things. Foolish people very similar to me, and I hate to include this individual, my brother. You'd never be able to fix snap OR add comments to the main site because the rules here are very...well, how should I say this...I guess there's too much lack of discipline. People can bend the rules here and there, a lot actually, and not get a serious penalty for doing that. So it really doesn't click in anyone's head that going against the rules is going to land you somewhere horrible. If people were told that they'd get banned for going off topic and making topics about stupid, unimportant things that don't need to be discussed on Snap, I'm 99.9% sure that they'd think twice before creating a post/topic. At least, me and Kaito would, and we are KNOWN to be very good at breaking laws. Taking away things like Shops and Collaborations makes things worse. Nobody is able to discuss anything together, to collaborate together, and sometimes when people collaborate, they can learn things from each other when working as a team. I've noticed this myself. When I work together with someone to create something, I learn something new, or find a new way of looking at something that I've never thought of before. If shops and collaborations are gone, this wonderful website called Snap would be the equivalent to a place where people don't learn new things and have fun. It would no longer be a wonderful website. Now, Mr.Jens, I'm sure that would be one of your worst nightmares, if it were to happen.
Chatting and role playing and goodness knows what else we all like to do is all very fun, I agree with everyone. I'm talking to everyone on snap, now. EVEN THE MODERATORS. I hope you heard that, ALL OF YOU. But. But. But SNAP IS NOT THE PLACE TO CHAT.
[Sorry for the caps, but it has to stand out. Maybe it will get into all of our thick skulls better(including ours).]
Snap should be a place to work together and create the project of our dreams. What if...what if...we all worked together to write a story, and then animate it, and then people saw it? What if, after that, when we're going to apply to real life companies for a job, they see this great project we did when we were all very young, and really liked it, and decide that we already have a lot of talent? That we're already experienced in working together in a company to achieve the same goal? Wouldn't that increase our chances of getting a job? I'm sure it would. And I'd love to see that happen. SNAP!
Zahra: Oh, that vision just disappeared.
Kaito: Why? It was so beautiful!
Zahra: Because, because.....collaborations and shops don't exist anymore on Snap. So this dream can never become reality.
You see? Even shops are important, not only collaborations. When you have shops, usually, you are offering your talents to someone else. The things they request and the things that you give, provide a way to exercise your talents, and also give you motivation to practice your skills. This is true, because, personally, when I opened my shop The Anime Art Shop, at first, I wasn't SO interested in drawing anime. But now, I'm more interested in it, and I feel more motivation to draw more. I even feel like drawing a whole animation on paper and putting it up on Snap. All this excitement and interest to do new things came from being allowed to make shops.
@jens, no one is asking for this:

We don't need a coffee shop. we just need a way to work together and share our talents. I thought that was what Snap was for. I DON'T NEED a coffee shop. NONE of us need a coffee shop. If we ever want coffee, we can always go to Madam Pudifoot's Tea and Coffee Shop in Hogsmeade. I mean, we should be allowed in Hogsmeade, we are all mostly 13+, so, we don't need Snap to be Hogsmeade, a place to chat. What we DO NEED, however, is a place to collaborate and share talents.
If it's too much work for you, Mr.Jens and @bh and others, to pay attention to what happens in shops and collaboration forums, I can always help. I could be a "junior moderator" if you would let me. You'll see, I'll make things easier. I promise. Kaito made things easier by suggesting the "no swearing" rule. Now it's my turn to help. Please let me try, please give us a chance and let us keep our shops and companies/collaborations. Please, Mr.Jens. Think about how happy you'll make all these unhappy teens. Think about the young, youthful smiles that will be there, behind the other screens, once you agree to this. Think about how it will be easier for you and the rest if you let me help. Just let me try.

I will read as many new posts as I can. And Kaito will help me. And we will report all the wrong to you, so you won't have to waste your time looking for it in every topic.

There will be more going on that has very much to do with learning computer science once collaborations and shops are not going to be closed forever and for sure.

No, this is EVERYTHING personal. It's OUR fault. And we need to fix our fault, not lose our privileges. Sending Shops and Collaborations to the Land of Nothing far away where they will never be seen again will just ruin the whole purpose of snap, which is to learn, program and share. How do you learn when you can't share? How do you program when you can't share? This is not right. So please forgive our mistakes, and let me try and help. One last time. Please, Mr.Jens. Gomen'nasai.

Wow, I did not think you were serious about becoming a mod.

Thanks for your support, but what i really need is for @jens and @bh to agree with me and Kaito.

I'm not becoming a moderator. I'm just trying to fix everything Kaito broke with my help. And it's not helping that Kaito was rude to Mr.Jens. But that's also my fault, because the whole reason for us sharing accounts is so that I can watch over him. And also because it's fun to use the same account, yes.

What about this entire segment? About becoming a "junior mod"?

that's still not a "moderator". I said junior moderator, because i'm not always on, I'm trying to finish up with orders in my shop, I'm trying to help Kaito get revenge, I'm trying to work with Kaito and others to rule over the world and i have my own work, but i can try as much as possible to look after the shop and collaboration forums. I won't be a real moderator.

So, what you're saying is, you can't behave sensibly without us being the disciplinarians, cracking the whip.

@zahra_kaito, you talk as if Snap! came into existence when you came to it. We have spent ten years supporting kids learning computer science, both the thousands every year who take a Snap!-based course in school and the relative handful who find us on their own, often but not always by way of Scratch.

But those kids, the ones serious about learning computer science, noted our one big weakness compared to Scratch: no community site for sharing projects and getting feedback. This year we finally built one, and people wanted a forum, and that worked too, just fine, with serious conversations about Snap! programming and computer science, and then all of a sudden we got a bunch of refugees who'd been banned on Scratch. And, frankly, I have a lot of sympathy for the Scratch Team, based on our experiences with you.

As Jens said, you haven't done anything evil, and in many ways the community you've built here is a beautiful thing. (Minus the feuds.) But, again, that's what TikTok is for.

TL;DR: We had people collaborating just fine before we had anything like a forum. So your self-interested argument is unconvincing.

The alternative to cutting out the collaboration categories would be to just ban you all permanently. Would you prefer that?

Mr.Harvey. Seriously. Just let my sister try. You'll never know unless she tries. And how do you know, how do you know that the Scratch Team was reasonably banning us?

Honestly, here, on snap, I've just chatted. That's what i used to do on scratch, too. But that's what scratch is for. So why would we get banned for that? Saying such things shines a negative light on you. Scratch Team banned us for a stupid reason; creating a false face reveal and we were using the same account. Not for anything you've seen from me here on snap.

Zahra said that she'd help you make it back to what it was. So, let her try, instead of making her cry. I'm not very happy to see that you're being so negative about her idea. You really hurt her feelings, and I don't think that's a very good idea, certainly not good at all when i'm around. You just started the fire in me. please, play fair and let her try. if it doesn't work, then i'll admit that she's stupid. if it works, then...good.

C'mon. You don't really expect us to elevate one of the big problem posters to moderator, even "junior." If you want to do what this site is for, stop talking about it and start doing it. If you want to chat, go away.

dfgdfgdfgdfgdf

That's EXACTLY what you should do. Because since I'm the "big problem poster", I'll know exactly where to look for stuff that's not supposed to be here. I know EXACTLY which topics I'll find such things. Because I used to do the wrong things before, so, you see, in the same way "Liars know Liars, like you know the back of your hand" I will know who and what to look for better than you. Because i've gone against the rules the most. YOU haven't gone against your own rules, i'm sure. at least, not very often. so you don't have much experience in doing bad. But i do. so i'll know just where to find it. You'll see.
just let me in:
https://snap.berkeley.edu/project?user=zahra_kaito&project=lily

Your attempts to be noticed have been rendered futile

Oh mah gosh(that was a lot of typing XD), I am with you! I will help moderate this site too!

Alright fine. I will stay.
But I'm just going to forget about all the new rules (it's too much to keep in mind anyway) and if I do anything wrong, it will be your call to ban me.

@bh @jens
When I had an unpleasant time on Scratch, Snap welcomed me. I understand that Snap is a programming site, not a teenage drama chat site. I understand how much the moderators work to provide us with a program that teaches us coding, and I understand how irritating it is when this site isn't used for coding, but rather, as a coffee shop. I understand how the other users feel, how their Snap forum has been inundated with rants, flamewars, and drama. I understand that we have been given not 1, not 2, but multiple chances to redeem ourselves, yet we complained and didn't see this as an opportunity to improve ourselves. I love Snap, I don't want users to leave because of my drama. So I apologize on behalf of all drama I have been apart of. Not only has this drama divided Snap, it also severely emotionally impacted me as well. I understand that the forums are a privilege, not a right, to be in.
I will not leave Snap. This site will forever be in my heart as a site that accepted me, regardless of my political beliefs. I owe much debt to Snap for allowing me to express my political beliefs in a safe environment, something that Scratch failed to do.
All I just want to say is that I am sorry.