The Worlds Hardest Game (preview)

link

just the first 10 levels so far. exept 3.

lmk how it runs for you

Certainly lives up to it's name!

I got to 11 deaths on Level 1 before giving up :frowning:

Visually - was very good :slight_smile:

It runs pretty well.

• But on level three there are no enemies.
  • The spinny thingy on level five goes too slow.
  • The spinny things on level six go too fast. Or... are spinny things dependent on time while the player is dependent on framerate? Or the other way around? I think that's the case here, sometimes it goes too fast and sometimes it goes too slow.
  • Also coins save after death in this level for some reason.
  • The enemy on the bottom right on level nine is missing.
  • The enemies in level 10 go too fast when you're near them.
  • But on level three there are no enemies.

yeah i skipped that one

• The spinny thingy on level five goes too slow.
  • The spinny things on level six go too fast. Or... are spinny things dependent on time while the player is dependent on framerate? Or the other way around? I think that's the case here, sometimes it goes too fast and sometimes it goes too slow.

i actually did it both ways, the first half (give or take) levels are mapped through time functions, the rest are up to the frame rate, player too.

• Also coins save after death in this level for some reason.

if you hit a checkpoint after collecting some coins you don't have to collect them again.

• The enemy on the bottom right on level nine is missing.

yep one in the middle too with that same L shaped movement just ran out of time.

• The enemies in level 10 go too fast when you're near them.

noted

thanks for the thorough response. as for the timing issues, I pretty much eyeballed it for now, I just made sure they're beatable so it could at least be played. im gonna make costumes for things that move together, like the spinny guys, rn its all separate clones some anchored together but I feel like they'll get out of sync that way so yeah I guess we'll see how it goes

Player's speed is too fast...and I'm dead again.

I'm planning on doing the same and making Trap Adventure 2 in Snap!.

But there is infinite lives mode so if things get too hard for you, you get infinite lives.

yeah the timing is a bit off i still have yet to go through and find all the sweet spots.

i would like to add some more modes, challenges, stuff like that. ive got one idea to put the enemies from one level on another, i bet there are some interesting combinations. some sort of level editor would be cool also.

No, it saves before I hit another checkpoint. Not sure why this happens, maybe it has something to do with collecting the coin near the same time I die.

I know it's kinda hard to make a game that runs smoothly in Snap!, so I wish you the best of luck.

Also did you know I also made a copy of the World's Hardest Game too, in Scratch? It was based on the HTML version though, since at the time I only had a school computer so couldn't play the Flash version.

i just realized a little bit ago the coins dont save like i thought, ill have to re-think how im gonna do it but thats no biggie. im mostly focused on getting the movements to mimic the original more precisely. the original game actually isnt that 'smooth' per se as in it takes pretty big jumps each frame (a bit over 5 pixels) for the player speed, which i had mine in the snap version set to 2... which was still faster... so what i really need to do is figure out how to impliment something like this. cause this isnt the frist time, it seems most of my snap projects dont tend to run well in snap. like this one, nice, smooth, intuitive movement, snap decided we ought to go for more of a jittery broken sonic kind of thing

also no i didnt know you made one, you got a link?

I think the original game runs at 30 FPS, while Snap! runs on your screen refresh rate, which is 60 FPS for most monitors. (I deduced that from this thread, but it could be that Jens updated it to add a cap since then). You could try adding an FPS cap.

Here's how a 30 FPS cap could be made

And here's a link to the clone I made

I think I'm going to remix this and make an AI solve it for me lol.
I got to level 4 before I gave up.

Yep

Lucky. I only managed to get up to Level 1 and yet I couldn't finish it.