The "stop" button looks tiny

1. What browsers show this problem?
    Chrome

2. Please share an example project (if possible).

3. Describes the steps to reproduce this issue.
    Just look at a project

4. What does Snap! currently do?
    make the stop button tinier than the others. It looks funny.

5. What should Snap! do instead?
    The stop button should be the same size as the others.

JFI - its looks fine on my computer

mine looks so tinyyyy

It'll probably go back to normal the next time you switch your computer off and on again :slight_smile:

Hmmm...Imma try that.

Nope, stop button still looks small and adorable lol

1 Like

Since it's adorable, you can treat it as a good feature and not a bug then :slight_smile:

It kinda is a bug though, because its not supposed to happen.

It doesn't happen to me

hmmmmm...strange....

If you use any third-party-made Chrome extension for zooming (I do), then some of those extensions leave the size of graphical elements unchanged and only change the size (zoom) of texts (& symbols/emoticons, that are treated as texts).

Consequently the proportions between the text elements on websites (i.e. emoticons/symbols), on one hand, and graphical elements, on the other hand, are lost.

I have below tested my extension for text zooming at different percentages; and - voila - the issue arises as you experienced it, since it seems the red stop button is a graphical element, while the other two buttons (green flag and yellow pause button) are symbols/emoticons, treated as texts.
3party_extension_biggest_zoom

3party_extension_middle_zoom

3party_extension_smallest_zoom

I am using this extension:
third_party_Chrome_extensions_for_zooming

2 Likes

Huh, I didn't exactly use the extension, but I did use the text size settings on my Chromebook(set to largest because I need glasses) . You just solved my case! :D

1 Like

What a fantastic bit of detective work :slight_smile:

To zoom you can use shift and plus sign to zoom

Wait how is this a snap! feature request

idk---this was in the old forums, in the old forums this was in the bugs category, but now for some reason it's now a feature request....I can't edit it to fix it

I just moved it into website bug reports.

As @kinestheticlearning found out, the stop button is an image, while the other three are FontAwesome icons. I couldn't find a stop button in that icon collection, so I had to make one myself.

However, I agree it should still scale at the same rate as the others. I'll investigate what can be done, but don't hold your breath, this doesn't fall into the "very urgent" category :wink:

Thanks for the report!

Thanks for putting this back in the right category :)