Stage Sizing Error

Please fill out these questions for all feature requests and bug reports. If you're requesting a feature, please let us know why this feature is important or useful, not just what it should do.
Thanks!

1. What browsers show this problem? Chrome Version 83.0.4103.116
  2. Please share an example project (if possible).
  3. Describes the steps to reproduce this issue. Described
  4. What does Snap! currently do? Corrupted browser window
  5. What should Snap! do instead? Scale gracefullyor check limits

This is probably not a common occurrence but nevertheless it does happen.

If the browser window height is less than a certain ratio of the PC screen resolution, and a large stage sizing is attempted, the width of the stage expands all the way to the left and covers up the coding area and the blocks area.
At that point, it is impossible to get the screen size such that all SNAP screen parts are visible.
If one clicks on the stage sizing control that looks like two vertical lines, the controls shoots to the left and exits screen's left edge.
If one clicks on the controls menu and tries to set a default stage size, the stage area shrinks back to its default size, however, the coding area and the blocks do not restore properly, and show a full grey areas.

I have tried this on my PC with the following settings:
PC screen res: 1920x1080
Browser window size: 1500x900
Try setting stage to 1920x1080
...and it happens

It also happens at other browser window sizes, but I believe it has to do with the height to width ratio of the browser window. So,I am sure @jens will know the proper numbers to make it happen all the time.

However, if the browser window is maxed out vertically, and the width is minimized all the way (on my PC that is 1080x508), it never happens.
The stage expnds but maintains a proper sizing such that all of SNAP display content is proportionally visible. And one can enlarge the browser window, as well as the SNAP tab contents any way without any corruption of contents.

I hope I could describe what I experienced. If it is not possible to duplicate it, then I will try to screen capture a video of it.

Just let me know.

Here is a pic of the screen after the stage expansion to the left:

And when the vertical stage sizing control is clicked at this point, the entire stage expands left and one is left with a pure white area with no controls other than the menu line visible.

This is after the stage size is set to default:

I was able to have the stage cover the scripting area, but when I set the stage size back to default, only the buttons by the snap logo never showed up. btw, I used the provide setters and getters library to set the stage size back to default when I press space so I don't have to reload the site to get the default stage size back, oh and the buttons were gone when I made the stage size very large.