Sprites that detach themselves when pressed should be dragged independently

Steps to reproduce:

1. Create two sprites. Call the first sprite "Part", and the second "Anchor".
  2. Set "Part"'s anchor to "Anchor".
  3. Construct this script in the "Part", which I expect would detach the part from its anchor when pressed or dragged.
    pressed dragging bug
  4. Try to drag the part.

Example project:

https://snap.berkeley.edu/project?user=rdococ&project=Part%20dragging%20bug

When you press down on the part, it detaches from the anchor as expected. But when you begin dragging, you start dragging the anchor, while the part doesn't even move!

I believe the correct behaviour here is for the drag to be initiated on the part itself, rather than the anchor.

This behaviour would be very useful for a variety of use cases - GUIs where you can drag icons and items out of windows, games where you can assemble and disassemble physical machines, and even a "Snap!-in-Snap!" kind of thing where you can drag blocks into and out of other blocks.

Weird.

I'm imagining that when a sprite is anchored then all mouse events are being directed towards the anchor and not the part

So, since we are in the middle of a mouse-pressed event, all mouse movements are going to apply to the anchor

Might be easy to correct but my guess is not (just a guess mind - not looked at code)

I have come up with a workaround but it might suffer from edge cases as well of course :slight_smile: