Sound Editor in Snap (Part 5)

that except I had no files saved so I don't see why it would "run out of memory"

when i click the button it downloads the sound normally after 4 seconds (im on windows 10 but it has worked on chrome os before).
since i can't reproduce the bug and find out the cause, i dont think this is fixable. try using the experimental browser save
also

By memory I don't just mean files (aka ROM), but also RAM. (Wikipedia)
if it's blocked, basically running out of ram means the browser lagged to death.

hrrrmmmm okay....

when i save the sound to my computer, it saves as a .wav file and plays perfectly (im using a chromebook)

Are you on Windows 10? If so, did you see a blue screen (aka BSOD aka Blue Screen of Death)?
If on a chromebook (aka Chrome OS aka Chromium OS), did your screen colors or sections of the screen screw up? If either of these have happened, then your computer has crashed. If your browser program turned black or closed, the program has crashed or ran out of memory. If it happens again, write down the error code (aka Stop Code) that appears when your computer crashes. If you tell me what the error code is, I can tell you what happened to your computer.

I'm on an old chromebook

It didn't do anything except for freeze for a minute, then my chromebook restarted
and idk error codes

That's probably why it crashed. Older devices tend to not work as well when it comes to loading large files. Your device probably ran out of RAM and needed to restart to refresh the RAM. Instead of trying to download files with the download button, try using the experimental cookie save.
Or, download it manually by coding this in the editor of the project:
20210503_103336
Run the block, then go to the sounds section of the editor. Right click the sound and click "export". Then you should be able to download your edited sound.

I'm going to start working on a redo button, which shouldn't take long because I found a method to implement it easily, and then how about we publish the project?

We need one last thing, a built in song that you can use just to experiment. Also, you dont have to, but how 'bout a system that you can have more than one song stored as a cookie? We also need to be able to delete the cookie from the system. Maybe have that in the remove data button.

There already is one! It's the default when opening up the project.

It doesnt automatically replenish after you put a new song though, maybe have a preset that replaces the song you uploaded whenever you click the save button. all we have to do is detect mouse position.

Okay, I did that, but instead the delete data button will prompt if you want to replace it with the default. Also the redo button is working now.
Should we publish it?

Lemme check it out real quick and then I'll say. (Not trying to be rude) Also, it's been great working w/ you. If we didn't have you as part of the team, this wouldn't of been possible. Also could you repost the link?

https://snap.berkeley.edu/snap/snap.html#present:Username=helicoptur&ProjectName=Snap!%20Audio%20Player

Now comes the question, "Who's profile should we post it on?" Maybe @spacer since he hosted the project? But then we would have to wait until he is done with school, so maybe you? You did a lot of the work on this project. But I have hardly any projects and I would like to post more. So, who's gunna post it?

It would be easiest if I posted it, since it's on my account. Is that okay?
I would credit you guys in the project notes of course.

But it was originally @spacer's idea, so maybe we should wait?
In the meantime, we can write a topic about it.

Or we could also all post our revisions. (But maybe only one published)

Whose account should the published version be on?

i agree @spacer did start it....so they should be the one who posts it in their profile (w/ credits of course.)

unless you all want to post the project on your profiles.