SnipOS3 - Twice the power, at half the size

i don't think it is right now:

i think it's reasonable to replace computer hardware with snap abilities in this context, but currently it doesn't provide anything to the software that's running on it or manage it in any way, it just runs it, and hopefully the program runs the os when it's done.
As far as i can tell from the project, programs aren't in windows (the top bar and close button just pretends to be a window, and programs like paint and the terminal don't follow that), they can't save or load files, they can't communicate with other programs, the os can't stop a program that's running, etc.

there isn't even a consistent meaning for a program, some things are scenes, others are sprites.
at the moment this is just a project with a bunch of things disguised as common computer utilities.

i think a snap os should be consistent on what a program is and should either:

• prevent programs from conflicting
  • allow running multiple at once
  • pause/resume programs
  • allow programs to interact

ideally it should have most of these

mentioning this now i want to try and make some of these myself

This would be hard to do, but probably possible

Sure!

Look, im just doing this for fun. I dont want to make something like full windows.

SnipOS3.1 will be coming out in a few days which will be fixing many bugs. and adding a lot of things that will be good for it.

i don't want to make something like windows either, i don't like how it's designed

to me it seems like you're just trying to make something that looks like windows, and i don't have much of an issue with that, really my only issues are that a lot of what you've said makes it sound like a lot more than it is, and if fusion motorsport is actually exclusive then all snipos has added to it so far is a long startup process

also no, i can't exit the terminal, it tries to switch scene to SnipOS2 but the scene is named SnipOS3
(i'd reccomend considering a method that keeps backwards compatibility)

It could also be just a terminal,no windows

Yeah i noticed that, it will be fixed in the new update im releasing today.

well, guess im pulling a bh

Y'all, this is not your project.
While it does seem @sladescar is open to suggestions, he does not need you dictating his project.
Please, back off.

Thank you.

No problem!

I know what it's like for people to always be trying to control what you're making.

i'm not trying to change what sladescar is making except for things like bugs, and i never said what they're making should have all these features. i'm saying there's many things it doesn't do and it shouldn't be called that
if that wasn't clear enough sorry for that

ok

SnipOS3 is way more powerful than something like GreenOS on Scratch, So i think it's ok.

Question: What does "powerful" mean?

having great power or strength. SnipOS 3.1 is the most powerful active OS simulator on Snap! I just now revisited GreenOS and yeah the SnipOS series was made by 3 people, not 14.

Well yeah, I know this, but in the context of an operating system, what does that mean?

Like more things to do than the other. Or can handle more.

Oh, thanks.

i don't like you saying "more powerful" either, especially because you often give multipliers as specific as 1.5x in many cases.

how do you even measure power? number of programs? some programs do more than others. what about interaction between programs?

like more things to do. for example, running twice as fast at 3mb instead of the 7mb of SnipOS2