Snap [scratchblocks] Tutorial (Part 1)

I don't get it. Everyone else can see the flag symbol

[scratchblocks] @greenFlag [/scratchblocks]

<p>[scratchblocks]
@greenFlag 
[/scratchblocks]</p>

Use “⌸” for lists:

[scratchblocks] add[thing]to ⌸::list [/scratchblocks]

Huh, I’m sure this was possible once upon a time. Maybe it was a bit of code I took out, because it didn’t fit right with vanilla Scratch support.

Probably something I could write a patch for, if the code here bears any resemblance to what I wrote! :stuck_out_tongue:

Welcome back to the forums!
(why was your profile broken, and how was it fixed?)

Thanks! *Was* my profile broken?

(I appear to still have admin powers, so that’s fun :stuck_out_tongue:)

Hi, Tim! Welcome home.

Interesting! I think I had an account since a long time ago, and the forum accounts were maybe merged with the Snap! social site accounts? Presumably when I logged back in today it fixed whatever was broken. :slight_smile:

Thanks, Brian! Nice to hear from you.

I’d “like” your post, but, well, I know how you feel about social features. :wink:

There used to be a like button that was added when you were gone, but it was removed later. Many other categories like former-uncategorized were removed after people started filling up the forum with off-topic topics

it still is possible on the scratch forum.

It's based on your Github's repository v3.5, packaged as a Discourse post-processor
decorateCooked

I've written a little fix for this, and bundled that and some other fixes into v3.5.1 -- including your use href fix, @dardoro!

whats is the secret in the wink here

Oh, no secret; I just remember how keen Brian was when first setting up the forum to disable all the social features :slightly_smiling_face:

edit: and there’s a FAQ for it!

Oh and welcome back
Even though this is first time seeing you

@cycomachead
I've updated the plugin at GitHub - DarDoro/dardoro.github.io
Tim, this Discourse "adapter" part is just a proof of concept, not really maintained anymore.
You are well known to the dev team and trusted (you're admin here :wink: ) Maybe you can consider creating the full-blown solution.

There is also your "toScratchBlocks" PR #1646 remade as a user project Snap! Build Your Own Blocks.

Yes, I’m still curious how long that will last :stuck_out_tongue:

Oh no, I couldn’t possibly. Honestly, it sounds like you’re doing a better job maintaining the Discourse plugin than I am of maintaining scratchblocks :wink:

That’s so cool! I’d forgotten all about that!

Until you do something to make us regret it. I.e., probably forever.

Hovers finger over “delete forum” button... :wink: