Show name of a list inside another list

Is there a way to show the name of a variable that has been set to a list AND that variable is included inside another MASTER LIST?

Yes,, load the "Create variables" library (scroll down the chooser to find it) to find out what variables exist. As for the "the same" part, do you mean that you made a copy of the small list to put in the big one, or did you just ADD (small list) TO (big list)? If the latter, you can use the IS IDENTICAL TO block for a fast comparison. If it's a copy, you have to compare with =, which is slower.

Thank you for the reply. I don't think I was clear in original post. I have added link to to refer to.

If you look at createMasterArray&SubLists block; I am trying to get the variable list names to show on the stage instead of lists 1,2,3,...
(Snap! Build Your Own Blocks)

Oh, I see. I don't think any spreadsheet program has that feature. If you want to name the columns (more common than naming the rows) you have to have a record at the beginning with the names. Similarly, you could have the first item of each row (sublist) be its name. You can change the rest of your program so that when you select a sublist it actually gives you the butfirst of the sublist.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.