Scratch to snap and vice versa Converter

my friend @mrfluffypenguins was asking about a snap to scratch converter,and since seems like their isn't one right now,do you think it could be added?

You can learn a lil bit more at the link

try snapinator

Because Snap! features tools that Scratch does not have, I don't think a Snap to Scratch converter would work. Besides, what the point of converting a Snap project into a Scratch one?

snapinator.github.io(scratch to snap) exists, and works, (for most projects)
so why not snap to scratch?

I guess I should add this to the FAQ.

The little differences that people mostly first notice could be handled by implementing the missing blocks as a library in the target language. But the things that really make Snap! special can't be done so easily in Scratch: first class procedures, first class lists, first class sprites with inheritance. I don't think the Scratch extension mechanism is general enough to allow a Snap! extension for Scratch, but that would be the way to go if it were possible. But it would be a huge effort, at least a year of work for a Jens-level super programmer.

what's the point of converting a Scratch project into a Snap one?

Hmm, I feel like I'm just talking to myself. Scratch to Snap! is a solved problem, thanks initially to Kartik, who made the first Snapinator, and then to Dylan for rewriting and updating it.

But Snap! to Scratch is just not possible.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.