"run (_) with inputs [_] ►" help

The continuation of the report block is nothing, because there is nothing after it.

What? How do I put something after it to make it report something? It is a reporter, not a stack block (right?)

It's hard to get to see a continuation, but this sort of works:

I don't know why the + block in the result isn't green; I filed a bug report. But the point is that the "+3" part never happens, even though it's part of the continuation of the inner call/cc, because that continuation is reported to the outer call/cc by the RUN block.

And, to answer your question, the continuation of the call/cc in your picture is nothing; there's nothing that has to be done with its result before presenting it to the user. So, to see a nonempty continuation, you have to put something outside the call/cc, rather than inside it.

By the way, "call/cc" is the official Scheme abbreviation for "call with current continuation"; we left out "current" just so the block wouldn't be too wide.

Although I noticed it and made a topic here about it.

Okay, sorry, I forget things sometimes. :~/

I also just posted there. (with two edits, so you'd have to go to the page to see them.)

That's crazy... continuation works on reporters? I mostly get the run w/continuation now due to the fact that the continuation is after it, but this is very interesting for call w/continuation...

In Scheme, which was the first language to support first class continuations, all procedures are reporters; even if the return value is useless, they have to return something, even if only #t or #f to say if it worked or not. So there were reporter continuations before there were command ones!

In Snap!, the continuation of a reporter is its caller, and its caller's caller, etc., out to a command, and then everything under it in the script, then the caller of the command, everything below that, etc.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.