Report and block

you mean like muting someone? just go to preferences > users > add users to be muted so you won't get notified of anything that they post.

no no,because they would still be able to reply and comment on your topics,even if muted

ok but it doesn't stop them from commenting on your topics still,which is what im trying to say that blocking would do

i guess you could say that but i would suggest they implement the block after they mute

well that's if this topic even gets enough votes

Okay I'm beginning to have a glimmer of what this topic is about, since you defined what you mean by "block," which I guess is a social media term of art?

Starting with the easy part, votes don't matter. We decide about suggestions based on our own opinions, not yours. Jens is adamant, and I kind of agree, that you can't do software design by democratic voting. If you try, you end up with software with thousands of features, each of which hardly anyone understands. (Perhaps you're thinking that that's a contradiction, but remember that the vast majority of users don't vote, and in fact aren't on the forum at all.)

This whole conversation is a little premature, since we don't yet have commenting on user pages or project pages. When we get to designing that, we'll bear in mind the possibility of rogue users, although I'm not promising that our solution will look like your proposal.

Is "Japanese is not like Chinese" relevant for some reason I'm not getting? (I thought I vaguely remembered that one of the four ways of writing Japanese is like Chinese...) (I really wish I spoke Japanese! But that's also off-topic.)

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.