Problem Regarding Signing In

Me and my brother, @r4356th use our mom's account on Snap!. We are experiencing a disaster. :angry::angry::angry: We are unable to switch accounts! Also, my activities and his activities have become combined. The bio you can see by clicking on my icon is also my brother's, as well as my signature. There is no sign of him in the forums! :angry::angry::angry: @ Is not working for his username, too.

My browser / operating system: Windows NT 10.0, Chrome 78.0.3904.108, No Flash version
Written by both @r434660 and @r4356th
Reply by Snap! Developers appreciated.
Thank you.

That's unfortunite

What do you mean?

That it's unfortunate that you can't switch accounts.

Yeah. :disappointed:

Wish @bromagosa, @jens, or @bh, or anybody else helped me. :disappointed::disappointed::disappointed::disappointed::disappointed::disappointed::disappointed::disappointed::disappointed::disappointed::disappointed::disappointed::disappointed::disappointed::disappointed::disappointed::disappointed::disappointed:

I'm sorry we haven't been quicker about this. I'll try to light a fire under someone...

Okay. :blush::blush::blush: Thank you.

Unfortunately, it's the holiday's and there's still other work. We have no capacity for urgent support. (Holidays or not, really.)

Does this only happen on this forum or with your projects? Unfortunately, sharing emails is not currently supported with the forum. We may have some fixes, but they're not easy and not exactly guaranteed to work. :frowning:

It happens on the forum and my (R4356th's) password is not working. :disappointed:

Do you recommend us changing the e-mail address?

Yes, if you have access to another email address that'd be the quickest solution. Eventually we have to solve this forum software misfeature but it won't be really soon.

Okay. Thank you very much.

That did not work.

We still can't switch accounts.

There is no forum account named R4356th. I changed R434660's email on the forum to match your email in Snap!. Get R4356th to make a new forum account.

I am R4356th, and I have been talking on the forums. I have a forum account!

Yo have to believe me(R4356th)!

I believe that the human being behind the keyboard is who you think you are. :~)

But when you sign into your account, the forum (not the rest of the site) thinks that you're your sibling, because you both made accounts with the same email address, and the forum software doesn't handle that gracefully.

We know that's a bug, and it'll be fixed eventually, but meanwhile you need to make a new forum account with the email you both used initially (because I changed the common forum account to use what's now your sibling's email on the rest of the site).