Launch block not parsing nested list parameter

I'm working with a custom block similar to the Launch block, as well as a few custom reporter blocks, and I'm having trouble getting the custom Launch-type block to correctly identify the types of the report blocks.

Each reporter blocks, called Music Tracks, are lists of lists. The Launch block, called Play Tracks, is supposed to take in a list of Music Tracks (via the multiple-input reporter parameter), which should parse as a list of lists. However, passing multiple Music Tracks as parameters with this schema results in a list of Music Track reporter blocks, not nested lists. The issue is resolved by setting the parameter for the Play Tracks block to be a list, but I would like the parameter format to be the multiple-input reporter block. If anyone knows what the issue might be, I would greatly appreciate some insight.

In the screenshots below, I have set a variable temp to display how the Play Tracks block is parsing the input parameters.

The second image works, while the first does not. Thanks in advance!

Hi, welcome to the forum!

The problem is that you're using flat design. (Just kidding.)

I'm not 100% sure I understand what you're trying to do, but if you say that the input is reporters, you'll get a list of reporters; if you say the input is lists, you'll get a list of lists! Just the same as if you say the input is numbers you'll get a list of numbers. You seem to want to say one thing, but have Snap! do something different.

Thank you so much for your response! Your input fixed the problem immediately; I made the input type a list and allowed for multiple inputs.

Note:Brian doesn't like the scratch3.0 like flat design

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.