Inbox (Part 2)

Yeah, maybe get BH to email him…?

I've never seen any instance of that here. (Edit: I may have, but if I did, it was censored. Or am I getting it confused with this Scratch Discussion topic?)

Seriously, why‽ I can't imagine anyone on here would do that. (BTW that's U+203D Interrobang)

Indeed, most likely.

Ok,

There's not.
I have seen (In like 6 months of being on Snap!) one post with

No clicky

f***

in it that was flagged and I think it was deleted.

1. Why would someone want to do that?
  2. You don't post your personal info.

The forums ban those words too.

I would be happy to talk with him if you figure out a way he'd go along with. (For example, we could interchange emails, or we could do it faster with a Skype call or a Zoom room. Maybe he'd prefer a Skype call if he didn't post a lot of information in his Skype profile, as I didn't.) Or a plain old phone call.

I should make clear to you that I can't promise him that there's never any "bad" language here, nor that nobody is after your private information. But the latter is pretty limited here; we know either your or your dad's email address, depending on how old you told us you were when you signed up for an account. And that's all we know about you, by design.

(I personally wish it were still the 20th century! Back then, it was okay for adults to be friends with kids, even f2f. When I was a teacher I used to build signing up for computer accounts so that it asked for your birthdate, just so we could say "Happy birthday so-and-so!" whenever anyone logs in. That was before information became so important.)

Of course bad guys might be able to infer things about you from the information you post. For example, the fact that your username starts with "joe" leads me to suspect that you're male. (And later you said you were, as I recall, but the point is that you shouldn't have chosen that name if you were really paranoid.)

Is there any Internet community that he lets you belong to? Oh, I guess Scratch, and it's true that Scratch has a huge number of people who part-time (paid) job is to moderate their site. We can't afford that; it's basically just me, so occasional bad things will get through. Usually a user flags them pretty quickly, though.

I used my own email.

That came from a Roblox account name lol

Maybe a text message.

I call you Joe cause it’s on your user, should I stop?

"Joe" isn't my name, so I don't really care.

Well, set it up.

I'll talk to my dad about this first though.

joecooldoo | NetsBlox Did you put in a fake name?

Oh c'mon, don't stalk him. Not gonna help him with his dad.

I'm just saying.

I looked at his NetsBlox profile before this whole thing started.

Lol. Also @sir_kitten2 this might be a nickname since most people call them that and their user starts with Joe.

I actually used a name generator I made and used it.

To be honest, there are probably more predators on Scratch than on Snap!.

Yeah. More people.

I wonder what happened to this topic?

One second this collab was thriving and one second later it becomes dead...

Ikr, it’s sad:(