I'm working on a 2D sandbox/exploring game

oof its small

Here's ANOTHER game I'm working on: Creating a Dungeon RPG - Requests to the Community - Snap! Forums (berkeley.edu)

make this #requests-to-the-community:collaborations

This reminds me of @griffpatch’s Minecraft 2d project

yeah...

Reading back on this inspired me to make my own rudimentary noise, 1-dimensional terrain generation.

Tell me what you all think, maybe check out the code as well.
The heights of each bit of terrain are stored in a list so that they can be referred to later.

This list could also be used to generate underground areas and generally make the map more complex by generating each layer individually instead of as a whole brush like in your project.

When the map is all said and done, maybe you could split the map again into chunks so they can be loaded in and out smoothly to prevent lag and again into their individual pieces so they could be modified more finely, such as a player's tools. (Badly explained but I can explain in more detail if needed, be careful though since it turns cell-based quickly...)

A lot of possibilities, just need to decide what to tackle next if you want to do anything more with this.

Can you add a lot of tile interaction. I think it's really cool and allows for ingenuity of players. Like how in Minecraft, Water on top of lava creates obsidian (the real life science of this is a bit nonexistent), but way more interactions between blocks.

Looks pretty good honestly! :slight_smile:

Necropost.

its also his own topic

It got flagged...

Ok