I found out that the "frequency" block stops working after you do this

no, i used the word frame right, you just pointed out that there's a reason to use the frequency block more than once in a frame. i should've thought of multiple sprites.

what does any of this snark have to do with my post? yes, duh, i know what an if statement is. i've made realtime audio applications in javascript. i used the word "frame" exactly once. and i doubt your application is as time critical as you think it is when every waiting primitive is locked to the fps cap (which varies on different systems), and you have serious performance problems in the exact block you're saying need to be fast.

you keep saying "y'all", you realize i'm one person right? i'm not part of some hive mind with the rest of the community. i don't treat you and bh as one person.

i gave you an improvement larger than the if statement i'm suggesting. there is absolutely no way an if statement would be slower than the performance bugs.

I'll have a closer look at your suggestion when I'm back from vacation. Thank you!

I remember checking then out myself a while ago, they're awesome! I love the nerdy retro-style charme and the surprising harmonic effects you make, great stuff indeed.

Hey, I know that Snap! can be optimized in many ways. But keep in mind that most things that look awkward are the result of Snap being in production on a multitude of different systems for well over a decade, so we keep having to work around little incompatibilities, temporary bugs (we've had major bugs in Chrome for several years, and some in Firefox that never got fixed, and don't even get me started on Safari), some things don't work on Chromebooks - anymore - etc. etc. I really wish web programming were easier and more consistent. Sometimes you'll find comments in the code that explain such seemingly inelegant designs, but more often than not I'm not bothering to write comments.

The larger issue we (might) disagree on is that I personally couldn't care less about out-of-range/domain input errors in Snap! whereas many folks in this forum tend to regard their possibility as some sort of sensation.

But I do agree that an error shouldn't be able to permanently break a feature for the whole session. So, this problem should probably be addressed after all.