HyperBlocks and Controlling Multiple Sprites

Suppose I have multiple sprites and want to create a procedure that well tell them all to do something simultaneously. I could create an additional sprite and use "my other blocks" in a "for" loop, like this:

Snag_2a403fa7

I know this could be done using other methods as well (viz. "broadcast", "when", etc...). I'm curious as to whether or not there's any way to do something like this using hyperblocks though, effectively creating a "tell all" block. This isn't related to any project in particular. Instead, it stemmed from me sitting in front of Snap! and thinking, "I wonder if..."

Thanks.

I agree with you, in fact I suggested that you should be able to put a list of sprites into the slot, and it tells the sprites in that list to do it. I'm not sure if it's possible now, but if it isn't, it should be added.

Well it's not done so far..

I note in passing that the error message is a little strange -- it's not a ring that goes in the first slot; it's a sprite (or the name of a sprite).

But this does work:

So I guess that's the official supported way to get a set of sprites to do something.

This would be my method to tell all

untitled script pic (31)

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.