How to copy a list?

Right. Snap's equality reporters lets you compare lists for structural equality, which is actually super useful. But where there's equality involved we don't hyperize. Another case is INDEX OF (because Snap! also wants to support you in finding the index of a sublist) But, there's a library (called "list comprehension") that lets you hyperize such blocks to whichever rank you want. And, of course, the APL library has hyperized versions of everything.

Yeah, I get that. I'm just pointing out that if a student is wrapping their head around > and < and + and most of the other nice green operator blocks are hyperized, then it confounds the expectations they are likely building up when a small handful of those blocks don't work the same way.

To be clear, I'm not saying that = should therefore be hyperized.

Yeah, that's why they need teachers. And good documentation. :~)

Download the repo, look in help folder. The filename of each .png has to match the label for that block in the source, e.g., in src/objects.js at line 290:

bounceOffEdge: {
            only: SpriteMorph,
            type: 'command',
            category: 'motion',
            spec: 'if on edge, bounce'
        },

So the filename for the help screen for if on edge, bounce is bounceOffEdge.png (case matters, sadly).

So, pull the latest repo (not the release repo), then make a new branch, add help screens for missing things, and Github Desktop will walk you through making a pull request.

Here are blank ones to start with:
BLANK

BLANKWIDE

You can download these to edit a copy for each help screen.

yes, definitely 2 of B

What?
Edit: Nevermind, I understood.

@bh : There’s a topic about copying a list in the FAQ section, and it’s really outdated: ID OF … isn’t mentioned as a method - the preferred method, actually - for making a deep copy.