How do I use localhost as my cloud url?

What's problem you are encountering?
I want to use localhost to save and load projects.

What have you tried that didn't work?
I tried switching the cloud url to localhost, but I keep getting signup/login errors.

Post a project example, link, or screenshot:

Could you give an example url?

https://localhost:4431

I get a "This site can't be reached" ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED error.

The easiest thing is just to use "export project" instead of save.

I want to use it for Snap! Jr.

I see, you want the whole publishing business on your web site. Then I guess you do have to solve the problem.

Do you have the cloud running on your machine as a web server, listening on some strange port number?

I try not to police people's spelling and grammar, but I'm amazed by

Did your spell checker do that? Or what?

Oops.

No, I want to be able to save a project to a local host, so that way anybody on the same internet can create an account.

That's generally not how localhost works. Localhost refers to "this computer" so each computer's localhost is a different server.

If you want to change the cloud URL it has to point at the server of some snapcloud instance that is running.

oh right. i still want to do that.

Bernat (Romagosa) has published information how to setup your own Snap! cloud server but I don't think anyone (apart from him) has ever set one up so you'd pretty much be the 1st person to do so

Do you know where I can find it?

Looking for it now :slight_smile:

But even when I find it - I think you've got some hard work to get a copy of it up and running

The code is here

Yeah, I saw.

The last attempt I've seen

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.