Help creating the Tom horror game (Part 1)

Could you make the text for the names scroll by faster?
Also you don't need to have a sprite with a ton of letters as costumes, there's a built-in block for writing text on the screen.
Also you can just make a custom block to do it instead of literally devoting 3 blocks to every single character

6 pixel brush size is very thick ... how about 5 pixels?

woah...thats nice!

Also, is the character we play as gonna look the image in the title of the game?

No- I don't know why I did that. I should probably delete it, it looks kinda silly..
Okay, we can do five pixels.

Well, I mean, it looks fine but i just don't know why the face in the O is there when it's not a character in the game itself.

Yeah, your right, I'm gonna erase it

Yeah, That's true, sorry, normally I get really afraid of doing stuff like that, I don't experiment too much, I just sorta stick with what I know for most of the time, I'll fix it.

Don't erase it! It doesn't have to look exactly like the main character, that O is one of the things that made the title unique. if it looked exactly like the main character, it would be too complicated.

Oh okay I will not erase it then

I made another remix
I made the eyes look more like they are part of the game
https://snap.berkeley.edu/project?user=funtime_foxy101&project=Tom%20Trailer%20edit

This looks pretty good, thank you. I need to make a bit more progress on the game now, I think I've put too much focus into that trailer..

I know how you feel. Sometimes I put so much effort into a part of an huge goal and I don't stop putting so much effort into something until it's absolutely perfect and it's very time-consuming.

btw is there any characters I can help design or....?

maybe he's a kid who steals one of Tom's candy

Oh- I'm sorry it's taken me such a long time to respond, maybe could you do the player animation, I've got some concept art here..

IMG_20210423_111327566×720 73.1 KB

Yeah, that's a pretty good idea.

ok but i'm horrible at making walking animations

That's okay, I can do the walking animations if you'd like

I suggest to draw the characters in the Scratch vector editor so that @leothemisfit will be able to animate them more easily.
(Link: llk.github.io/scratch-paint)

This topic was automatically closed after reaching the maximum limit of 100 replies. Continue discussion at Help creating the Tom horror game (Part 2).