Handicapped person, data base for colection of pictures, ID, Name,Text

Hello,
I begin a project of tools for an handicapped person, and I want to construct tools of comunication with Snap, I'm not sure of the best way.
Do you have exemples?
The main idea is a collection of pictures. Each picture represent a situation of comunication, associated with a Number code (field), Text phrase written (field, sentence like hello associated to the picture hello), a sound (field, mp3 sentence recorded).
Than, display the collection. The person will press a picture to comunicate (all categories) or category link (list of categories), then it will show on tft the text, and play the sound recorded before by us.
Best way to construct a data base in Access and import ? Fields: ID, Numcode, Text, Picture (jpg attached), Sound (mp3 attached).
Or begining with Snap, and how (in resume lines)
Thanks. Pascal.

hola

Welcome to Snap! forums.

That's a great idea.

I'm curious how you will implement it. I have never done anything like this.

Probably it is better to first have a spreadsheet with sheets, if not Access tables, and fill it with pictures (I don't know about Access, but I know Google docs offer sheets that can contain an image within a cell).

I would start with those and then proceed with making the project in Snap! ...

Best wishes.

My first thought is that it's hard to make suggestions without knowing more about the nature of the disability. I take it this person is neither blind nor deaf. Is it a difficulty speaking? Fine motor control? Coarse motor control?

Just as a little technical point, if you turn that spreadsheet into a csv file, you can then drag it into Snap! and it'll turn into a table.

After an ictus, he has lost the speaking capacity but has his left hand hability. So I want to develop a visual tool for laptop, notepad and mobile, using a gallery of pictures (several screens), eachone associated to a mp3 sentence and written word.
You are right, It's necessary to adapt the program to its disability. I will do.
My friend: Fine motor control (left hand)
No speaking
Motor control left side
No blind
No dearf

I'm a visually impaired person and I've dealt with stuff like this (not coding it though) and my best advice would be to use sign language.

does he know sign language?

Hello, No, he do not learn. With capacity of one hand, I prefer to use e notepad and a visual program.

Closing the Gap (https://www.closingthegap.com/) is a useful resource for assistive technologies.

Thanks but I want to practise and learn Snap and wait for advices to start the plan in the right direction:

• Importation of a cvs file incluiding images files references in Access DB or
  • Construcción of a DB in Snap?
  • Best way to display a serie of images organized per category, associated to written labels and mp3 sounds.

That's really sad that that happened to your friend. I hope it gets better, and I hope you learn how to make this awesome project! Good luck!

This is a great feature, including more icons for defining blocks.

I'm sorry I've been really slow about getting back to this -- things keep happening that suck up my time.

If you already have the data in a spreadsheet, you can export a CSV file and then drag that into Snap!. But I expect the picture and sound won't work that well.

So it might be easier just to start in Snap!. For each picture, make a sprite, drag the picture you want into the Snap! window, and then make a WHEN I AM CLICKED script that does whatever clicking on that picture should do. For the text fields of your database, give each sprite a for-this-sprite-only variable containing the value.

The easiest way to do that is to make one such sprite, give it all its fields, and then clone it for each other picture. Then the when-clicked script will be inherited by all the clones, in case you want the same one for most or all of them. Make the clone by right-clicking on the sprite and choosing "clone," not by using the A NEW CLONE OF MYSELF block, because you want these clones to be permanent.

Hola, Thanks, you are right, I was thinking the same 1 splite=1 picture 1text=1variable 1sound=1variable and also text toSpeech. A first model is working, I will copy and paste splites, changing the each picture, each sound for the second screen (1 screen=6 pictures and next button and exit button).
I don't know if I can transfer it finished on a mobile?
Interactions with the finger of my friend (control when clicked will work?)
The last, there are video extentions in Snap to permit interact with camera? Have a nice day

There's the Scratch-style motion detection from the camera, and also the ability to take snapshots, and some fancy stuff with putting the camera onto a sprite instead of onto the stage.

As for the mobile, sure, you just have to make sure your stage fits the way you want it to, which might mean changing its dimensions (near the top of the settings menu).

I don't have any examples, but you can use an API