Debate: Is HTML a Programming Language (Why/Why Not)

It could be similar to this where they made a form or texboxes but they do not record data.

I had a website on repl.it made about me but then my school account got terminated and...POOF.

Here's the link. Let me know if it works. slate-technologies.jaydenliu1.repl.co
It's not a quiz but close enough.

It works!

Thank god.

Bruh its a page with some links, doesnt even come close to the title "quiz".

They never said it was a quiz, they were just saying it’s pure html.

It's not executable. Not a programming language.

o p i n i o n s
p l e a s e

more context also, sources, better argument…

The "executable" article, though, says

Also: is TeX a programming language? (Hint: Yes.)

Again, my point is, it never works to try to draw bright lines about anything.

I was just annoyed to read that only things that look like Python can be programming languages.

As for what I meant, Python has a defective lambda and JS has defective prototyping.

Yep. I'm kinda annoyed about that too.

Python is an interpreted language, meaning that it has to process its code through a machine. Then that processed code is processed yet again through another programming language which runs the interpreter machine. And then that processed code is processed AGAIN into machine code which your computer can understand.

I mean, the people who think other "programming languages" which look like Python are "programming languages" are probably newbies who have only programmed using the more simpler programming languages like Python or Scratch or something. They only know what Python's syntax is.

Technically the Python interpreter is processed into machine code ahead of time, so it’s just machine code directly processing a language.

Well, at least, in theory, anyways. I’m not sure how the OS handles program memory and context switching between programs.

Where was that said??

here.

I wouldn't even call it prototyping, it's so class/instance-like. And Python's lambda? Ugh. I get that it's hard to implement putting statements in an expression, but come on! I want to add statement parentheses to a mod of Python, or maybe make an extension that does so.

No, that's not why. It's because Guido von Rossum doesn't think you should use lambda, so when his users insisted on having it, he broke it deliberately to discourage people.

It's still an interpreted language because the interpreter doesn't run the code by itself. It uses another machine to do that.

It looks nothing like Python code.

Annoyingly, imo. For all the use cases in which it could be replaced by “def”, there’s a transformation or mutator that requires it for simplicity/clarity or just to function properly.

Programming language creators seem to not like what their users do with things they (being the creators) added to it. cough Python’s map cough Snap’s create variables

Aesthetically… I was saying the defense prolog code reminded me of how you call TF layers.