Creation of New Palettes

I know about that. I just want to be able to add &devVersion=true to the end of a url and load the dev version.

If what you have is a full editor URL, you can just edit the beginning part to include /versions/dev. This alternate notation is really useful only for embedding.

oh, ok. I assumed it was possible to use the suffix for the editor url.

What is snap 7?

It's the new version of Snap!, but it's not out yet.

I make all my stuff on snap! 7 dev mode.
but back on topic I have made custom palettes in fact if you check out my custom blocks
there is to new palettes. so it is a thing but I don't think they will add this to normal snap 7.
( im also bumping this topic )
some people did it with js.

why not? In snapcon, jens said that they added that for library builders, so people can make libraries much better, like, have a library have it's own category.

Here it is.

Just to close the loop on a few threads here, and lots of little details.

1. The reasons you were seeing ' Snap! 7 - dev' didn't have to do Discourse or anything like that, and technically speaking, your browser was loading 6.9, it's just that the snap.html file was the newer version. (It was the entire file, not just the title) v7 has some new caching functions (using service workers like dardoro mentioned). There's a temporary "patch" in v6.9 to unload the v7 snap.html file while it was accidentally deployed.

2. Now v6.9.1 will redirect you to v7 if it detects a project which is too new.

3. &devVersion=true works on both the embedded view and the community site (which really just forwards the URL to the embedded view). You can use it on an individual project URL, or when you click the 'Embed' button to make an iframe or get a direct link.

welcome to the forums @douglas547!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.