Block Codification

Yes...

I'm remarking to you again that you pinged yourself like me in that post...

Okay then...

I'm better than Snap! >:)
idea given to me by @oofpaste249 IRL

Uh... Idk what this image is supposed to mean

I used your block to write "when the imposter is sus" in a number only input

Oh! Ok... But you can do this by joining the block with an input.

Btw

Whose codification blocks?

Who is Joe Coolio?

I'm stupid, I said joecooldoo didn't I? I meant yours, sorry

auto correct made me say that. I meant joecooldoo
@scratchmodification

this will not work because the err_try primitive does not work for err_message primaries. Hence, this will still give an error.

I was referring that you can make this shorter:

Result (however, you should add the brackets again to the pages):

Alright, its been 2 weeks since I posted this comment, and the project is NO longer on the Featured Column. Thank you all who fixed it. Problem solved!

It should be ["show,default,Looks"]

Yes, I know that. But I'm just saying that the err_try primitive does not work for the err_message primative.

Oh! I know what you mean...

@jens could you add a reporter to get something like err_status?

yeah!

Ok, I've found the solution!

First, copy and import this:

<blocks app="Snap! 7, https://snap.berkeley.edu" version="2"><palette><category name="Block Codification" color="237,28,36,1"/></palette><block-definition s="%&apos;string&apos; as blocks" type="reporter" category="Block Codification"><comment w="127" collapsed="false">Converts the given string (JSON format) to blocks.</comment><header></header><code></code><translations></translations><inputs><input type="%s">["clear,default,Pen"]</input></inputs><script><block s="doIf"><block s="reportNot"><block s="reportIsA"><block var="string"/><l><option>text</option></l></block></block><script><block s="doReport"><block s="reportJoinWords"><list><l>expecting a text but getting a </l><block s="reportTypeOf"><block var="string"/></block></list></block></block></script></block><block s="doIf"><block s="reportListContainsItem"><block s="reportNewList"><list><l>{}</l><l>[]</l></list></block><block var="string"/></block><script><block s="doReport"><block s="reifyReporter"><script></script><list></list></block></block></script></block><block s="doDeclareVariables"><list><l>list</l><l>blocks</l><l>function</l></list></block><block s="doApplyExtension"><l>err_try(cmd, catch, err)</l><list><block s="reifyScript"><script><block s="doSetVar"><l>list</l><block s="reportTextSplit"><block var="string"/><l><option>json</option></l></block></block></script><list></list></block><block s="reifyScript"><script></script><list></list></block><l></l></list></block><block s="doApplyExtension"><l>err_reset</l><list></list></block><block s="doIf"><block s="reportNot"><block s="reportIsA"><block var="list"/><l><option>list</option></l></block></block><script><block s="doReport"><l>Invalid JSON</l></block></script></block><block s="doSetVar"><l>blocks</l><block s="reportConcatenatedLists"><block var="BC data"/></block></block><block s="doSetVar"><l>function</l><block s="reifyReporter"><autolambda><block s="reportIfElse"><block s="reportIsA"><block var="value"/><l><option>list</option></l></block><block s="reportMap"><block var="function"/><block var="value"/></block><block s="reportIfElse"><block s="reportEquals"><block var="index"/><l>1</l></block><block s="evaluate"><block s="reifyScript"><script><block s="doDeclareVariables"><list><l>block</l><l>labels</l><l>inputs</l></list></block><block s="doSetVar"><l>block</l><block s="reportTextSplit"><block var="value"/><l><option>csv</option></l></block></block><block s="doIfElse"><block s="reportIsA"><block s="reportListItem"><l>2</l><block var="block"/></block><l><option>number</option></l></block><script><block s="doSetVar"><l>inputs</l><block s="reportCDR"><block var="block"/></block></block><block s="doSetVar"><l>block</l><block s="reportListItem"><l>1</l><block var="block"/></block></block><block s="doSetVar"><l>labels</l><block s="reportAtomicKeep"><block s="reifyPredicate"><autolambda><block s="reportAnd"><block s="reportGreaterThan"><block s="reportStringSize"><l></l></block><l>1</l></block><block s="reportEquals"><block s="reportLetter"><l>1</l><l></l></block><l>%</l></block></block></autolambda><list></list></block><block s="reportTextSplit"><block s="reportListItem"><l>1</l><block s="reportTextSplit"><block var="block"/><l><option>csv</option></l></block></block><l> </l></block></block></block></script><script><block s="doSetVar"><l>labels</l><block s="reportAtomicKeep"><block s="reifyPredicate"><autolambda><block s="reportAnd"><block s="reportGreaterThan"><block s="reportStringSize"><l></l></block><l>1</l></block><block s="reportEquals"><block s="reportLetter"><l>1</l><l></l></block><l>%</l></block></block></autolambda><list></list></block><block s="reportTextSplit"><block s="reportListItem"><l>1</l><block var="block"/></block><l> </l></block></block></block><block s="doSetVar"><l>block</l><block s="reportListAttribute"><l><option>csv</option></l><block var="block"/></block></block><block s="doSetVar"><l>inputs</l><block s="reportNewList"><list></list></block></block></script></block><block s="doSetVar"><l>block</l><block s="reportAtomicFindFirst"><block s="reifyPredicate"><autolambda><block s="reportEquals"><block s="reportListItem"><l>2</l><l/></block><block var="block"/></block></autolambda><list></list></block><block var="blocks"/></block></block><block s="doIfElse"><block s="reportEquals"><block var="block"/><l></l></block><script><block s="doStopThis"><l><option>this block</option></l></block></script><script><block s="doSetVar"><l>block</l><block s="reportIfElse"><block s="reportEquals"><block s="reportListItem"><l>1</l><block var="block"/></block><block s="reifyReporter"><autolambda><block s="reifyReporter"><autolambda><block s="errorObsolete"></block></autolambda><list></list></block></autolambda><list></list></block></block><block s="reifyReporter"><autolambda><block s="errorObsolete"></block></autolambda><list></list></block><block s="reportListItem"><l>1</l><block var="block"/></block></block></block></script></block><block s="doIfElse"><block s="reportListIsEmpty"><block var="inputs"/></block><script><block s="doReport"><block var="block"/></block></script><script><block s="doDeclareVariables"><list><l>list</l><l>label</l></list></block><block s="doSetVar"><l>list</l><block s="reportNewList"><list></list></block></block><block s="doSetVar"><l>label</l><l>1</l></block><block s="doForEach"><l>item</l><block var="labels"/><script><block s="doAddToList"><l></l><block var="list"/></block><block s="doIf"><block s="reportOr"><block s="reportListContainsItem"><block s="reportNewList"><list><l>%receive</l><l>%inputs</l><l>%send</l><l>%ringparms</l><l>%sum</l><l>%product</l><l>%min</l><l>%max</l><l>%words</l><l>%scriptVars</l><l>%exp</l><l>%lists</l><l>%nums</l></list></block><block var="item"/></block><block s="reportGreaterThan"><block s="reportListAttribute"><l><option>length</option></l><block s="reportTextSplit"><block var="item"/><l>%mult</l></block></block><l>1</l></block></block><script><block s="doReplaceInList"><l><option>last</option></l><block var="list"/><block s="reportNewList"><list><block s="reportListItem"><block var="label"/><block var="inputs"/></block></list></block></block><block s="doChangeVar"><l>label</l><l>1</l></block></script></block></script></block><block s="doReport"><block s="reportJoinWords"><block s="reportCONS"><block var="block"/><block var="list"/></block></block></block></script></block></script><list></list></block><list></list></block><block var="value"/></block></block></autolambda><list><l>value</l><l>index</l></list></block></block><block s="doWarp"><script><block s="doReport"><block s="reportJoinWords"><block s="reportMap"><block var="function"/><block var="list"/></block></block></block></script></block></script></block-definition></blocks>

Then to implement it in your project, just do this:

Before I saw this, I did something else. I made it so instead of giving an error, the block reports invalid json, and put this script in my block

Ok, but using many is not good, since it takes a delay to convert the blocks. The script I gave you is the best option because it only converts the block once.

okay...

That can easily be improved:

1. REPORT NOT <<IS ...> OR <...>>
  2. Have one script variable set to BLOCK AS BLOCKS