All Known Versions of Snap!

I remember when Scratch didn't have the "Stop This Script" or "Stop other scripts in sprite" dropdown menu options. Ah, the good old days.

However, I remember more clearly when Scratch was a bit darker and more serious-looking with Scratch 2.0. Now all the blocks look more like Jello Pieces than Jigsaw Puzzles.

?

Your dark design userscript (which also can be used as a bookmarklet) for the flat design option works on every version of snap that has the flat design option, even if it doesn't show up in the options menu.

yeah i recently played around with the scratch blocks one day when i couldn't figure out the right way for an object to be in the vector editor, and while they are simplistic and functional, i prefer how it used to look in like late 2019 (i don't actually know if it changed, and maybe its just my memory is wrong because i havent used scratch in a while)

Bzzt! Discussing what's wrong with Scratch is explicitly disallowed in the forum rules. (Not just you, @slate_technologies too.)

But, we aren't? What we prefer isn't what's wrong with Scratch (and memories, too)

B-but, what if it's constructive criticism? That was meant to be constructive...

The thing is, criticism here doesn't reach the Scratch Team, so it can't really be constructive in the sense you mean. It can be non-inflammatory, which is good, but it's still basically throwing tomatos as far as its effect goes.

Oh...

Speaking of Criticism, I saw a meme on r/scratchmemes about someone dissing Snap! because it looked so "bad" or "bland" or something...

Uhhh... I never made a dark design userscript.

then who did?
edit: oh, it was @ego-lay_atman-bay

Whatever. They're welcome to make a mod.

Honestly, people worry so much about the irrelevant details of the UI (as opposed to important details such as the "discoverability" of features). I admit, I do too; I hate flat mode. But in defense of my position, what I mainly hate about it is the white background, which hurts my eyes.

It's particularly bizarre when people (such as my son, for example) insist that they need the latest cell phone because it's ¹∕₆₄ inch thinner than last year's model, then buy a two inch thick case to carry it around in.

Wait really? Glad I changed how it adds the option in the second version (the first only worked with 6.9, or 7, idk)

Yeah, but it doesn't show the option is most of them, but using it then selecting "flat design" is the dark flat design

That's because it modifies the flat theme function to only set it to flat design, and not change the colors. The option for dark theme is added by splitting the function string by a certain value, and then adding the code in. It makes sense.

ok